• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: The Theories

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: The Theories

Question for the flyers among you.

Could it be possible that the plane was hijacked, brought down to a certain altitude where it was undetectable by radar and landed at an undisclosed location?

I think not, for 2 reasons. Firstly, one assumes there would have been some commotion that would have been picked up via the radio. Of course, it's entirely possible that the pilots didn't have a chance to radio before being overpowered.

Secondly, somebody, somewhere would have borne witness to a huge airline travelling at low altitude and would have come forward by now.

All very mysterious...

Yep - how did this one go

was it all zeros and ones, a panda and the bloke could mysteriously walk again - amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
      Question for the flyers among you.

Could it be possible that the plane was hijacked, brought down to a certain altitude where it was undetectable by radar and landed at an undisclosed location?

I think not, for 2 reasons. Firstly, one assumes there would have been some commotion that would have been picked up via the radio. Of course, it's entirely possible that the pilots didn't have a chance to radio before being overpowered.

Secondly, somebody, somewhere would have borne witness to a huge airline travelling at low altitude and would have come forward by now.

All very mysterious...
      Unless the person responsible for the hi-jacking are pilot(s) themselves, and they have landed on a remote island.

Comment

I'm sure Suity will be along shortly to tell us it's going to go nuclear

Comment

Originally posted by rd409 View Post
          Unless the person responsible for the hi-jacking are pilot(s) themselves, and they have landed on a remote island.
          Hmmm... Inneresting theory but how many remote islands have runways long enough to land a triple 7?

Furthermore, hijackers always have demands. We should have heard from them by now...

Comment

Maybe something like this?

1947 BSAA Avro Lancastrian Star Dust accident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I'm sure Suity will be along shortly to tell us it's going to go nuclear
              He'll be trying to get an interview to get in there.

Comment

The sea is pretty shallow where the plane was last spotted. (Like the North sea, the whole area round there was land only a few tens of thousand years ago, which is how the aborigines walked to Australia.)

So if it did crash into the sea I would guess one could study satellite photos and practically spot it on the seabed.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Think Liparus. (Taps nose)
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I blame Zeity

Comment

Working...
                    X