• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Left Luggage (London)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left Luggage (London)

I've never used one of these and filed the idea under my brain along with steam trains and porters who bring your luggage onto the train for you. But it seems this is still a modern and relatively inexpensive option... is it as smooth and simple as it sounds or do you need to set aside an hour to queue? If you want to pop out to a nice restaurant in between train/flight connections, is it worth it?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I am not sure all of the railway stations have them.
    There is one at Victoria COACH station. It costs around £8 to use (minimum) and they scan your bags for the presence of bombs (remember to bring one )
    No more than 5 minutes queue.

If your bags are not too large, an alternative is to use the lockers at the British Library on Euston Road, which cost £1. But you need to be a member.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      I am not sure all of the railway stations have them.
      There is one at Victoria COACH station. It costs around £8 to use (minimum) and they scan your bags for the presence of bombs (remember to bring one )
      No more than 5 minutes queue.

If your bags are not too large, an alternative is to use the lockers at the British Library on Euston Road, which cost £1. But you need to be a member.
      Have you heard of google. 5 seconds brings up Locations - Airports & Train Stations in The UK - Excess Baggage Offices which I have used in the past.

it used to be the case that it was quicker to walk to St Pancras and leave it there rather than Kings Cross but I'm not sure whether that's still the case since Kings Cross was refurbished.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Have you heard of google. 5 seconds brings up Locations - Airports & Train Stations in The UK - Excess Baggage Offices which I have used in the past.

it used to be the case that it was quicker to walk to St Pancras and leave it there rather than Kings Cross but I'm not sure whether that's still the case since Kings Cross was refurbished.
        There's one at Kings Cross and it's £9.00, it's handily placed under the bar in what used to be the parcels office.

Comment

That's the site I found - looks quite modern. In my mind I optimistically see a smooth, hassle free operation that takes no time at all. Pessimistically I see a long queue after taking my case up 5 escalators, dealing with some jobsworth who wants to empty the bag out and check the bottle of wine isn't a molotov cocktail.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Have you heard of google.
            Yes I have.
            But you misunderstand my motivation in answering OP's question. Which was just to boast about the fact that I have British Library membership

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
              Yes I have.
              But you misunderstand my motivation in answering OP's question. Which was just to boast about the fact that I have British Library membership I'm a
              FTFY (ps I also had membership but after using it once in 5 years let it lapsed). Still have membership of soho house though...
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Have used it at Euston several times.
                £9 a time, no queuing all very quick and easy.
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Depends on the time of day and whether you get stuck behind a tourist party or not. Can be 10 minutes can be an hour.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                  X