• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird people on public transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird people on public transport

I guess it attracts them...

On train last night. Packed. Crappy old 'sprinter' type train which aint the best at the best of times. Noisy and smelly.

No seats so standing. Had earphones in listening to voice mail. Look up and there woman right up close to my face so I take earphones out. She says "is that your music I can hear because its loud". Bit shocked I say "No". So she rants on "I dont mind you listening but I just dont want some peace and quiet" and walks off.

Then she sits down about 4 rows away from me. Looking around theres about 10 people with headphones on near her. Her head is bobbing around as if shes trying to work out where the sound is coming from. Three times in the next 10 mins she gets up, walks over to confront an alleged sound abuser.

Guard comes along eventually and she seems to be having a right dig at him. Seems to be pointing to some student looking lad too (one of the 3 she spoke to). Im guessing he must have told her to **** off or something. Bloke near me is laughing his nuts off by now!

Struck me as weird behaviour. This aint the quiet carriage on FGW its a smelly, noisy, Cross Country train. Did wonder if she was asking the guard to ask the driver to not rev the train so much to be honest.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Maybe she was making a pass at you.

Comment

There are almost as many whackos on the train as there are on the bus which is why I avoid them at any cost.

I remember once on a train this young lad was talking to some girls. Perfectly normal situation until suddenly the girls looked shocked and, gasped and tried to turn away. Next minute this lad beelines for me and says "Hey mate, do you think those girls have pussys?". I said "**** off!" and he replied "Alright then, god's gift to women..." and walked off down the carriageway.

Mentalist.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Maybe she was making a pass at you.
        and the other people on the train? She was minging too mind.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          There are almost as many whackos on the train as there are on the bus which is why I avoid them at any cost.

I remember once on a train this young lad was talking to some girls. Perfectly normal situation until suddenly the girls looked shocked and, gasped and tried to turn away. Next minute this lad beelines for me and says "Hey mate, do you think those girls have pussys?". I said "**** off!" and he replied "Alright then, god's gift to women..." and walked off down the carriageway.

Mentalist.
          Weird indeed. Yes there are nutters on trains I agree. There are a few regulars on the train I use and a couple of them are just annoying so I avoid them. Like an old guy who talks bollacks to his friend at 100 decibels.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Struck me as weird behaviour. This aint the quiet carriage on FGW its a smelly, noisy, Cross Country train. Did wonder if she was asking the guard to ask the driver to not rev the train so much to be honest.
            Common courtesy not to subject other people to your music doesn't extend outside a mandatory quiet coach? It's impolite to have a shouting match with someone on a train, or to talk in loud braying voices to the person next to you, or to have your personal music so loud people across the carriage can hear it. Get your ears cleaned or some proper headphones if you need it that loud.

Don't they teach manners these days?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Get your ears cleaned or a quieter voicemail if you need it that loud.
              HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Common courtesy not to subject other people to your music doesn't extend outside a mandatory quiet coach? It's impolite to have a shouting match with someone on a train, or to talk in loud braying voices to the person next to you, or to have your personal music so loud people across the carriage can hear it. Get your ears cleaned or some proper headphones if you need it that loud.

Agree with you. Like I said, it wasn't me though.

But, as she did, going around and being rude to multiple people on the train is a bit impractical I feel. And I dont think the guard really has the power to go around and tell everyone to turn it down.

Rightly or wrongly it just aint gonna happen. But its public transport so you've got to expect it to a certain extent.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
                  Next minute this lad beelines for me and says "Hey mate, do you think those girls have pussys?".
                  Where I've just been on holiday in Thailand I think this would have been a reasonable question

Comment

WDS

Winds me up no end on trains and buses where idiots are trying to wreck their hearing. I just wish I had her balls to go and tell them to shut up.

Comment

Working...
                    X