• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just a moment while I fly my plane into this skydiver chappy.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a moment while I fly my plane into this skydiver chappy.

Skydiver and pilot in mid-air crash - BT

A pilot and skydiver have escaped with minor injuries after colliding in mid-air.

The 87-year-old pilot, Shannon Trembley, was practising take-off and landing manoeuvres when his plane became entangled in the strings of skydiver John Frost's parachute.

Mr Frost, 49, and the Cessna plane were sent crashing to the ground from a height of around 22 metres (75 feet) at South Lakeland Airport, near Tampa in Florida on Saturday.

Polk County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Carrie Eleazer said the wing of the plane had become entangled in the strings of Mr Frost's parachute.

Mr Frost and Mr Trembley were both taken to hospital but neither suffered serious injuries. Mr Frost was treated and released, while Mr Trembley was held for observation.

The US National Transportation Safety Board and the Federal Aviation Administration are investigating the crash.

A happier ending for both than the poor lady who skydived into a helicopter.

http://deadspin.com/photos-plane-cra...ver-1540310632

Vid works on this one:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/t...-1226849766686

It's a load of stills.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 5 June 2017, 09:31.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Skydiver and pilot in mid-air crash - BT

A happier ending for both than the poor lady who skydived into a helicopter.
    87 years may be a tad old to be flying planes
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      87 years may be a tad old to be flying planes
      Skydiving over a runway is fairly ill advised as well IMO
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
      X