• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friends are your enemy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends are your enemy

Who needs 'em?

Be a Billy No Mates I say.

Over the years I have noticed that all friends (old and new) have the following traits:

- egg you on to do things that you wouldn't normally just to help them out. This inevitably leads to friction at home as family time is encroached

- Give you false loyalties. You stand by them and then they do something stupid, dragging you into their mess (sound familiar, Tony?)

- P1ss off and leave you in the lurch on a whim when something better comes along.

No, from now on I shall be adopting the AtW model of being socially isolated. Look after No. 1, you know it makes sense.

See, I didn't even mention house prices, immigration etc.

come on Shim life can't be that bad

at least you have your dreams

Milan.

Comment

Difference between friends and mates

Need to differentiate between quality, long standing, friends and people you go down the pub with, who are always borrowing a fiver off you.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105
        Who needs 'em?

Be a Billy No Mates I say.

Over the years I have noticed that all friends (old and new) have the following traits:

- egg you on to do things that you wouldn't normally just to help them out. This inevitably leads to friction at home as family time is encroached

- Give you false loyalties. You stand by them and then they do something stupid, dragging you into their mess (sound familiar, Tony?)

- P1ss off and leave you in the lurch on a whim when something better comes along.

No, from now on I shall be adopting the AtW model of being socially isolated. Look after No. 1, you know it makes sense.

See, I didn't even mention house prices, immigration etc.

Congrats! you have identified these people as NOT your friends.
        True friends do not react this way...............You found this out when?
        Are you still at school?

Comment

Just having a Chico moment.

Feel free to discuss.

Comment

Are we talking Tony English?

Comment

Just having a Chico moment.

Feel free to discuss.

So Chico is....with you?

Comment

Milan is my best friend. He's never let me down and always provides much laughter.

Comment

Working...
                X