• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knutsford

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knutsford

"The suggestion from Barclays is that all [third party suppliers] should park along the country lanes around the site or alternatively park in the town of Knutsford and get the bus to site," said a source.

Barclays warns freelance techies of DOUBLE DIGIT rate cut

Too right - those 911 Turbos should be well hidden from sight as otherwise visitors will curse those filthy rich bankers

Parking was an utter nightmare when I was there. Far far too few car parking spaces to peoplel. Was ok in summer, cars parked on every available bit of grass you could find. Once it started raining it was utter mayhem, everything torn up, cars stranded in mud etc I am surprised it's taken this long before making this call tbh.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Parking was an utter nightmare when I was there. Far far too few car parking spaces to peoplel. Was ok in summer, cars parked on every available bit of grass you could find. Once it started raining it was utter mayhem, everything torn up, cars stranded in mud etc I am surprised it's taken this long before making this call tbh.
      I never had a problem. That said though I was in the office at 7:00.

Comment

Hey, I used to work there about 200 years ago.

Maybe King Arfur could get out and do those bankers, Alderley Edge is almost next door. Wilmslow could lend a hand.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          I never had a problem. That said though I was in the office at 7:00.
          There you go. I was a 9.30 starter and it was utter chaos.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Hey, I used to work there about 200 years ago.

Maybe King Arfur could get out and do those bankers, Alderley Edge is almost next door. Wilmslow could lend a hand.
            The Weirdstone of Brisingamen or "The Legend of Alderley Edge" ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              There you go. I was a 9.30 starter and it was utter chaos.
              You should have seen it recently then. Those were the good old days when you were there (assuming it was before 2013). Everybody I know said they had never seen it so bad ever before since summer of last year. I used to comfortably get a space at 9:15pm. By September 2013 I needed to get in 8:45pm to get a space.

Also they are not stopping all contractors parking onsite - only MSPs

Comment

Working...
              X