• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sol Campbell

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sol Campbell

What's his beef? Is a whining chippy "victim" or has a point? he is everywhere at the moment and he is very dull so I cannot be bothered to read about him.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

I had to turn the radio off this morning, he was blathering on about something which is apparently unbelievable, incredible and several other synonyms that I can't recall. Sheesh.

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    he is everywhere at the moment
    hasn't he got a book out? Why do the media give airtime for such blatant plugging?

Comment

Not a clue about football but has anyone been captain for more than ten years?
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Not a clue about football but has anyone been captain for more than ten years?
        Yes, quite a few, for example David Beckham was. Here's a complete list: List of England national football team captains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think he has more to say and more of a point than most of the sporting books that come out.

I'm not sure if the captain stuff is true but he probably should have got it, certainly his name should have been in front of Michael Owen and was obviously passed up for a reason. SOme of the stuff he has to say certainly is embarrassing for some big names. I have read some parts of it in the Sunday Times.

It should be interesting for England fans as that was the last period you had decent players and you completely fooked every chance of winning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I think he has more to say and more of a point than most of the sporting books that come out.

I'm not sure if the captain stuff is true but he probably should have got it, certainly his name should have been in front of Michael Owen and was obviously passed up for a reason. SOme of the stuff he has to say certainly is embarrassing for some big names. I have read some parts of it in the Sunday Times.

It should be interesting for England fans as that was the last period you had decent players and you completely fooked every chance of winning anything.
            That was when Beckham was captain.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Yes, quite a few, for example David Beckham was. Here's a complete list: List of England national football team captains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Beckham was only captain for six years, not ten.

Comment

Well he did go AWOL at one point

I'm fine, Sol insists as fears mount | Football | The Observer

and was mentally absent from a few games he was playing at that time (I am not talking a few mistakes, I am talking he mentally wasn't on the pitch), I think there was quite a bit of chat about his Physiological problems throughout his career

having said that he had the ability, and playing in central defence is often a seen as a great position for the captain to play.

I would have almost anyone as captain over Michael Owen (he also went a bit mad, but caused by the geegee's, almost constant injury and too much success at a young age)

Comment

Working...
                X