• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Webinar: Unlocking the Secrets of a CV - via ComputerWeekly - Anyone listen in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webinar: Unlocking the Secrets of a CV - via ComputerWeekly - Anyone listen in?

Didn't plan to attend live but used software to record it which was fiddly lol. But they've made it available anyway if anyones interested - 2014-03-11 19.15 Unlocking the secrets of how to write an interview winning contract CV - Contractor Weekly - cvandinterviewadvisors

Only listened to a bit of it and theres a lot of sales stuff in there trying to get you to stump up £300 or so to get your CV re-done but it seems worth a listen at least.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Only listened to a bit of it and theres a lot of sales stuff in there trying to get you to stump up £300 or so to get your CV re-done but it seems worth a listen at least.
    That alone makes it well worth avoiding IMO.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Let me give you another reason. The presenter is a twat.

But I've downloaded it. Might need to update my CV soon

Comment

That'd be Matt Craven then. Do you know him?

Had a bit of a spooky moment. I sent my CV off for free appraisal (yes I know its just a scam to get a foot in the door). Listening to webinar at the moment (I can work at same time!) and mobile rings - its Matt Craven the same guy. Spooky.

Seems nice enough but CV writing services - maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That alone makes it well worth avoiding IMO.
          but of course webinar is free so nothing to lose....

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            That'd be Matt Craven then. Do you know him?

Had a bit of a spooky moment. I sent my CV off for free appraisal (yes I know its just a scam to get a foot in the door). Listening to webinar at the moment (I can work at same time!) and mobile rings - its Matt Craven the same guy. Spooky.

Seems nice enough but CV writing services - maybe not.
            Not again.. Doing it once and having a mare is bad enough, doing it a second time is just ridiculous...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...load-crap.html
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Not again.. Doing it once and having a mare is bad enough, doing it a second time is just ridiculous...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...load-crap.html
              Remember it well. Which is why getting me to part with cash this time is highly unlikely (although I got a refund last time anyway).

But no harm in a free webinar to hear someone else opinion on how to do things (even if there is a fair bit of sales stuff to listen to).

Comment

I seem to be getting a lot of emails relating to CV services lately, but then seeing as I've been landing gigs with the same CV format I've had for years I don't see the reason to consider changing it
                In Scooter we trust

Comment

I know most people offer free CV reviews as a sales lead to paid rewriting, but I wonder how much value can be gleamed from a shed load of CV's being sent to you? Whats to stop someone poking a nose through past gigs etc for info
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                    ... seeing as I've been landing gigs with the same CV format I've had for years I don't see the reason to consider changing it
                    WHS, although it'll break my heart to drop one or two of my best gigs off the end to keep the length down!

What is it with some recruiters? Ten pages isn't that long, and just because I last used a skill back in 2000 doesn't mean I couldn't pick it up again in no time.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X