• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigrants cost Britain £3,000 a day each, says report

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigrants cost Britain £3,000 a day each, says report

Immigrants cost Britain £3,000 a day each, says report - Telegraph

Immigrants have cost the taxpayer more than £22 million a day since the mid-1990s, totting up a bill of more than £140 billion, according to a new report.
    MigrationWatch UK, which campaigns against mass immigration, added that in 2011 the costs were equivalent to £3,000 a day for each of the eight million foreign-born people living in Britain
    Damning verdict on that University College of London report. Who would have thought a bunch of leftie academics who like immigration could have got it so wrong?

Never mind. Keep paying your taxes. Keep voting for the same people. You know it'll all work out for the best.......
    Last edited by Flashman; 12 March 2014, 20:34.

Those who will say it is all nonsense should check the Home Office 2007 report in favour of immigration. Even a main source in that says migrants have more reliance on welfare and social housing and it is only the younger profile, i.e. the fact that they are not drawing pensions, that makes the advantage. The obvious flaw there is that they are contributing less to the country's pension pot than our own pensioners did, so who pays for the pensions they will presumably need some day?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Immigrants have cost the taxpayer more than £22 million a day since the mid-1990s, totting up a bill of more than £140 billion, according to a new report.
      MigrationWatch UK, which campaigns against mass immigration, added that in 2011 the costs were equivalent to £3,000 a day for each of the eight million foreign-born people living in Britain
      At £3000 a day 8 million people would cost £8.76 trillion pounds a year, which is several times the entire GDP of Great Britain.

Someone can't do sums. Or is lying.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

3,000 per day each?

Do these immigrants have a 'big four' auditor following them around or something?

Comment

later on the article puts its this way

In 2011 alone the cost was £23 billion, or £3,000 each for the eight million foreign-born population, the group concluded
          so that is more like £3,000 per person per year.

Comment

Someone is telling "porkies" the question is who?

Immigrants 'Contribute £25bn Tax Boost To UK'

From a newspaper that warns about EU inspectors (they don't exist) I think I'd tend towards the UCL.
            Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 March 2014, 21:14.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I believe that Migrationwatch also produced a similar report back in around 2004. Like left wing organisations that profess to be independant, MW is quite clearly a right wing pressure group (Colman, one of the founders was once a prodigious letter writer to the Times denouncing immigration in quite strong terms). As its not a charity, but actually registered company, the only people that it answers to are those which provide it with its funds. Most people who are readers of the popular right wing newspapers that begin with 'Daily' will be acquainted with one of its two directors, Sir Andrew Green (the other director being his wife) although he has on occasion written in the Granuaid. It has been argued that MigrationWatch's messages "can be taken advantage of by people with Islamophobia and prejudice" but there are those who support it, like Johnathan Aitken! Possibly the best statement was: "the evidence used by MigrationWatchUK is questionable, yet the organisation and its arguments have received prominence in migration debates and have assumed an authority – not least because of the profiles of its highly connected chair and advisory council – which we consider dangerous if there is no similar authority presenting counterarguments" which is correct. This website is probably more factual: MigrantWatch: Tracking bird migration across India
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                At £3000 a day 8 million people would cost £8.76 trillion pounds a year, which is several times the entire GDP of Great Britain.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Next thing they will have a load of British people offering to do the same job for half what they are paying the immigrants and the papers will be moaning that the British are undercutting the hard working immigrants and taking their jobs.

Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post

well as the Telegraph & Migrationwatch say £3000 a year I suspect its Flashman.

the Migration watch report is worth a read.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X