• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you contract for ISoft?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you contract for ISoft?

If so; you are in the poo!
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Have they gone under?
    If so a link, stp...
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
      Have they gone under?
      If so a link, stp...

Not just yet but there are going to be releasing a very doggy looking set of accountancy figures at the end of the week. Share Price has dropped 90% in 12 months and the MD has been suspended.

Add to that the fact that the software they are developing for CfH is late and riddled with serious problems and I wouldnt hold out much hope.

link

Comment

Here's another sort of link :

Originally posted by Erik The VIking
        Add to that the fact that the software they are developing for CfH is late and riddled with serious problems and I wouldnt hold out much hope.
        The next generation of the group's software, which is being developed in India, is earmarked to cover 60% of Britain's GP practices, hospitals and other NHS trusts.
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

I did wonder what was behind Cryne's 'illness' departure last year. Makes perfect sense now.

Hey ho - another fine use of tax payers' money...

Comment

Considering the management chain involved within the project it's hardly surprising.

The NHS manages CfH who manage Accenture and CSC who manage ISoft.

Accident waiting to happend.

Comment

Blame-game

Why blame iSoft ?
              Ass-enture got the big juicy contract - they didn't have anything to deliver (why were they allowed to bid, you may ask ?) so they sub-contracted to iSoft which at least didn't promise that theirs was a silver bullet, but a stop-gap solution. Ass-enture blames them and is withholding most oif the money due, hence the fall in the shares price. It's the big vs small in teh blame game. And no, I don't work/contract for iSoft.

Comment

I blame the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
                  Why blame iSoft ?
                  Ass-enture got the big juicy contract - they didn't have anything to deliver (why were they allowed to bid, you may ask ?) so they sub-contracted to iSoft which at least didn't promise that theirs was a silver bullet, but a stop-gap solution. Ass-enture blames them and is withholding most oif the money due, hence the fall in the shares price. It's the big vs small in teh blame game. And no, I don't work/contract for iSoft.

Actually ISofts shares crashed because of the dodgy accounting practices they used to bolster their share price.

A provisional inquiry by accounting firm Deloitte has found that advance payments to iSoft were wrongly included in its accounts. This is not illegal, and can be common practice among many software companies. However, iSoft's accounting practices were found to have overstepped the mark.

Operating profits of £70 Million have suddenly become £0 and revenue has dropped from £262 Million to £190 Million.

Comment

Originally posted by Asterix
                    Why blame iSoft ?
                    ...because the cheapskates outsourced the software to India, the result is that it’s not ready and what there does not do what it supposed to do and is full of bugs that are being sorted out in Blighty ,

Last edited by Paddy; 23 August 2006, 14:15.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X