• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Its not my fault I have the fat gene!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not my fault I have the fat gene!

'Master regulator' of obesity? Distant IRX3 gene appears to interact with obesity-related FTO gene mutations -- ScienceDaily

To verify the role of IRX3, the researchers engineered mice without the IRX3 gene. These mice were significantly leaner than their normal counterparts. They weighed about 30 percent less, primarily through reduced fat.
    The decrease in weight gain occurred despite normal levels of food consumption and physical activity. When fed a high-fat diet, mice without IRX3 retained the same weight and fat levels as on normal diets. Normal mice fed a high-fat diet gained almost twice as much weight. Fat cells in IRX3-deficient mice were smaller, and increased levels of brown fat were observed. In addition, these mice were better able to process glucose.
    who would have thunk it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Funny how Britain seems to have that gene in abundance but close neighbours like the French seem to have escaped it altogether, eh?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Funny how Britain seems to have that gene in abundance but close neighbours like the French seem to have escaped it altogether, eh?
      Swings and roundabouts though.........they are overstocked with the surrender gene!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Hardly escaped it altogether they have both doubled since 1990 its just France started from a lower level. Oh look statistics instead of opinionated twaddle.

Overweight and obesity - BMI statistics - Statistics Explained

OECD iLibrary: Statistics / Health at a Glance: Europe / 2012 / Overweight and obesity among adults

But the traditional French eating habits are significantly different in my experience they cook more from fresh and eat at a slower pace. Maybe its a combination of factors such as this gene, more processed foods etc.

oh and it being genetic would suggest countries with different breeding stock would have different rates - DOH.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          oh and it being genetic would suggest countries with different breeding stock would have different rates - DOH.
          Not necessarily. Bipedalism is genetic but fairly commonplace everywhere.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Hardly escaped it altogether they have both doubled since 1990 its just France started from a lower level. Oh look statistics instead of opinionated twaddle.

Overweight and obesity - BMI statistics - Statistics Explained

OECD iLibrary: Statistics / Health at a Glance: Europe / 2012 / Overweight and obesity among adults

But the traditional French eating habits are significantly different in my experience they cook more from fresh and eat at a slower pace. Maybe its a combination of factors such as this gene, more processed foods etc.

Wow you're learning.
            Does that mean you're going to give up Daily Mail opinionated twaddle or is that too much too ask?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
              Not necessarily. Bipedalism is genetic but fairly commonplace everywhere.
              so is red hair but there is more in the UK than many other EU countries because the breeding stock originally consisted mainly of celts.

Maps of Europe by language, religion, population density, hair & eye color, etc. - Europe Guide - Eupedia

similar with fair hair and rampant vikings.

Maps of Europe by language, religion, population density, hair & eye color, etc. - Europe Guide - Eupedia

try this

this isn't to suggest the discovered gene is linked to hair colour just that certain genes and ethnicities vary across europe so extrapolating genetic behaviour across Europe isn't easy.

Comment

Wow you're learning.
                Does that mean you're going to give up Daily Mail opinionated twaddle or is that too much too ask?
                well when you start using logic not insults I'm sure I can benefit from your example.

Comment

well when you start using logic not insults I'm sure I can benefit from your example.
                  I don't think I've ever insulted you.
                  I may have pointed out your cognitive deficits now and then.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I don't think I've ever insulted you.
                    I may have acted like a self-important, arrogant, patronising twunt in just about every post I have ever made.
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X