• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who call others "cretins" are actually thick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who call others "cretins" are actually thick

Any reference to a seasoned member of the CUK club who regularly calls us cretins is purely coincidental.
    TOM UTLEY: I always thought my reluctance to trust others was a sign of my intelligence. Now I realise it's because I'm thick | Mail Online

Oxford University has found that intelligent people are more trusting of others than their dimmer counterparts

Until this week, I had always thought that my unwillingness to trust others sprang from my high intelligence and profound knowledge of the ways of this wicked world.

But now I discover to my chagrin that the true explanation of this most unattractive of my character defects is that I’m thick.

For this unwelcome news, I’m indebted to researchers from Oxford University, who found that intelligent people are more trusting of others than their dimmer counterparts.
    Annoyingly, they also found that the trustful are likely to enjoy better health and greater happiness. If I understand their study’s conclusions correctly — and it may well be that I don’t (see above) — the secret is that the intelligent are better judges of character.
    This means they can tell at a glance if the person they’re dealing with is trustworthy, while we poor thickos can’t. So, we end up trusting no one.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
    Any reference to a seasoned member of the CUK club who regularly calls us cretins is purely coincidental.
    TOM UTLEY: I always thought my reluctance to trust others was a sign of my intelligence. Now I realise it's because I'm thick | Mail Online
    I think you may have drawn incorrect conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I think you may have drawn incorrect conclusions.
      I don't trust you.
      <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Actually they are windup merchants.

And people who complain about them haven't twigged that said complainers are the Pavlovian dogs of t'interweb.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          And people who complain about them haven't twigged that said complainers are the Pavlovian dogs of t'interweb.
          You're not saying said people are cretins, Shirley?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Only a cretin.....oh hang on.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              You're not saying said people are cretins, Shirley?
              no you normally are oh arrogant one.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X