• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do people have a right to believe any old bollocks?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do people have a right to believe any old bollocks?

Discuss....
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

I can see where you're going with this. You,re becoming like me despairing of humanity. You'll be calling people cretins next.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Discuss....
      Only those with massive penises. Like me.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

As long as they believe in what they're told to believe in I don't see why not. It only gets dangerous when they try to think for themselves.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

People eat these. Do you believe it?

Comment

They have that right. They don't have the right to expect anybody else to believe it, though. When it can be clearly shown that their belief is a load of old bollocks, and that the contrary belief is correct, they should be allowed to carry on in their merry way, but only as long as they do no harm to others.

We don't allow people who believe the Great Panjandrum is going to feed the world with Air to starve their children, or other people, on those grounds; though they have the right to starve themselves.

For an equally stupid belief that is causing harm in real life right now, take the anti-vaccination brigade. The only way their beliefs can be justified is if one is prepared to abandon all sense of reason. So while they should be allowed to believe that garbage if they want to, their children should be vaccinated no matter what the parents believe, as otherwise both their children and others (adults as well as children) are put at risk of serious harm from disease and the diminution of the protection provided to society as a whole by herd immunity.

And don't even get me started on crazy stuff like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Capitalism…

Comment

One dumbass believed that they might win the lottery, there are 107 million reasons why this person is laughing right now
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                For an equally stupid belief that is causing harm in real life right now, take the anti-vaccination brigade. The only way their beliefs can be justified is if one is prepared to abandon all sense of reason. So while they should be allowed to believe that garbage if they want to, their children should be vaccinated no matter what the parents believe, as otherwise both their children and others (adults as well as children) are put at risk of serious harm from disease and the diminution of the protection provided to society as a whole by herd immunity.
                Angry scientist finds an uneducated internet comment and delivers an epic response... - quickmeme

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And don't even get me started on crazy stuff like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and Capitalism…
                  And Owen Jones...

Comment

There but for the grace of God goes CUK...

Comment

Working...
                    X