• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank Fraud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Fraud

Ok, checked my account this morning and lo two transactions from internet banking that we nowt to do with me. Now I know I only log on to the genuine sites, haven't divulged, AVG up to date and windoze defender doesn't report anything dodgy.

So, how the fsk did they get in??

Current state is that the internet access is canned, new details will be sent by which time I should allegedly have the money back.

Was it bank transfers from your internet account or fraudlent charges via debit card linked to your account?

Comment

Because if it was either of the above AtW can have then beheaded for you

Comment

Which bank ?
        It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Hang on ASB - ain't you now in Russia? Perhaps you used your card in shops there, or used unsecure computer to look into your bank account?

Comment

Barclays, and it appears it was a transfer from the account (shows as a bill payment). Went round the houses quite a bit via a number of apparently offshore call centres to get to the fraud department. They were understandably at this stage a bit reluctant to go into too many details but could tell me they do know the source ip (presumably spoofed) and that the payee was a non barclays account, they have gone through clearing and there are no further outstanding transfers.

Comment

Did you use your card at some dodgy cash-machines? This is usual practice for "cloning" your card and after that they can extract your money quietly...
              The rest is silence...

Comment

Was it big amount?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                  Hang on ASB - ain't you now in Russia? Perhaps you used your card in shops there, or used unsecure computer to look into your bank account?
                  No, I've been back from the workers paradise for a couple of weeks. Didn't use the account there or even the laptop I access the account from. I would say I'm not a complete idiot but others may disagree

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Was it big amount?
                    Not huge, but 2 transaction of similar (but not identical) 4 figure amounts on consecutive days.

Comment

Working...
                    X