• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

On the bench - keep warchest to pay salary or splunk it all on dividendand claim JSA?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the bench - keep warchest to pay salary or splunk it all on dividendand claim JSA?

Last edited by psychocandy; 18 March 2014, 11:48. Reason: Pointless now its been moved to the 'Playground'
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

In that 3 months could you tell us exactly how much you got paid from JSA?

IMHO, best best is to not pay salary and claim JSA.
    I seem to remember from your original posts on JSA virtually no one supported that line so not sure how you think anyone will have a opinion on the in's and out's of claiming it.

How about don't take your 11 year old to Florida for the 10th time and don't bother with JSA?
    Last edited by northernladuk; 17 March 2014, 15:04.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I seem to remember from your original posts on JSA virtually no one supported that line so not sure how you think anyone will have a opinion on the in's and out's of claiming it.

How about don't take your 11 year old to Florida for the 10th time and don't bother with JSA?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

I get the feeling that it's rather PC who wants to go to Florida than his son. I can imagine his son going "Butlins, Pontins, Tenby dinosaur park anywhere but not f**king Florida again!"

Comment

Last edited by psychocandy; 18 March 2014, 11:49.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Not getting into the argument of whether we/I SHOULD claim JSA. Up to you of course. And yes I am a scabby scrounging dog....
            How do you know you're not?

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
              I get the feeling that it's rather PC who wants to go to Florida than his son. I can imagine his son going "Butlins, Pontins, Tenby dinosaur park anywhere but not f**king Florida again!"
              LOL. Nothing wrong with Tenby mind!

Comment

Claim it.

Then regale us with another tale of hoe the people at the dole office don't understand how you can keep claiming this and making yourself redundant. Then regale us with another tale of how you've got no money left in the company. Then regale us with another tale of how you need to take another low-paying contract. Then regale us with another tale of how you're going to jump from there into a better paying one. Then regale us with another "has anyone noticed that clients don't want to deal with people like me" thread. Then regale us with another thread about how the low-paying role has finished and you don't know whether you should claim JSA or not.

Please make sure that you post all these threads in a professional forum, so that people might not explicitly call you a knob for repeatedly doing the same thing ad nauseum.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Claim it.

Then regale us with another tale of hoe the people at the dole office don't understand how you can keep claiming this and making yourself redundant. Then regale us with another tale of how you've got no money left in the company. Then regale us with another tale of how you need to take another low-paying contract. Then regale us with another tale of how you're going to jump from there into a better paying one. Then regale us with another "has anyone noticed that clients don't want to deal with people like me" thread. Then regale us with another thread about how the low-paying role has finished and you don't know whether you should claim JSA or not.

Please make sure that you post all these threads in a professional forum, so that people might not explicitly call you a knob for repeatedly doing the same thing ad nauseum.
                  Personally, I would like to be regaled with another tale of how people keep calling him a knob for regaling us with tales even though such tales are in the professional forum.

Oh, and FaQQer, come to the front of the class and decline the noun 'nausea'.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

In answer to your question, it would have been £72 or so a week for those 13 weeks (or whatever it was). So £900 or so.... Not a huge amount but better than a kick in the nuts when your on the bench.

But lets not get back into that old argument again. Its been done to death.
                    If you don't want to claim it, then don't. If you do, then you can. Simple as.
                    It has been done to death and remember, as I said, very few people supported the idea so further posts on what to do about it are not really going to provide anything useful 'cept a good slagging session. You didn't kinda learn that lesson from the 'done to death' posts? All this for the equivalent of less than 6 weeks salary?

Oh, and FaQQer, come to the front of the class and decline the noun 'nausea'.
                    Oh.. Pedant fight. This should be interesting!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X