• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wednesday Maths Puzzle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday Maths Puzzle

If a 200lb man is picking up a hire car in San Francisco 16 hours later than he first arrives in the First class lounge of Heathrow airport , how long can he drink champagne for, (assuming one glass every fifteen minutes) so that he leaves himself enough time for the alcohol to leave his body so that when he picks up his car he is either sober, or under the US drink drive limit?

Extra marks for managing to increase the 1/15 minutes ratio so the man can get pissed, but so that the man does not drop his trousers and urinate in the aisle of the plane shouting 'your my bess mate you are'

Please show workings.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    If a 200lb man is picking up a hire car in San Francisco 16 hours later than he first arrives in the First class lounge of Heathrow airport , how long can he drink champagne for, (assuming one glass every fifteen minutes) so that he leaves himself enough time for the alcohol to leave his body so that when he picks up his car he is either sober, or under the US drink drive limit?

Extra marks for managing to increase the 1/15 minutes ratio so the man can get pissed, but so that the man does not drop his trousers and urinate in the aisle of the plane shouting 'your my bess mate you are'

Please show workings.
    Well as you are 300lb's why not tell him to have two thirds of the amount you normally drink?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Please show workings.
      200lbs? you wish!
      Join IPSE

Comment

http://adcaps.wsu.edu/media/48298/20...BAC-charts.pdf

Comment

Please show workings.
          4 drinkies/hour over four hours: BAL = 0.276
          4 drinkies/hour over five hours: BAL = 0.344

So I reckon about 4.5 hours before you're put in the special seat.

Code:
          BAL limit for DUI in Washington State
          0.07 - 0.09
          Fuzzy thinking; motor skills clearly impaired; speech may be noticeably impaired; sight and hearing acuity are reduced; judgment ability is slowed and reduced.
          Ability to decide about further drinking is impaired and ability to evaluate and respond to sexual situations is diminished. (Warning: legally impaired consent is the same as NO CONSENT).
          0.1 - .02
          Emotions unstable; perceptions, thinking, judgment, reaction time are all significantly impaired.
          0.25 - .03
          Confusion, disorientation, dizziness, exaggerated emotions. All sense perceptions distorted. Numb. Severe risk of injury.
          0.3 - 0.4
          Stupor; motor functions severely impaired; unable to stand/walk.Vomiting, incontinence are high risk. Loss of pain awareness. Impaired consciousness.
          Risk of death.
          0.4 +
          High risk of impaired circulation, respiration or heart rhythm. Coma and death due to anesthesia of brain areas and nervous system functioning are very possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            4 drinkies/hour over four hours: BAL = 0.276
            4 drinkies/hour over five hours: BAL = 0.344

So I reckon about 4.5 hours before you're put in the special seat.

Code:
            BAL limit for DUI in Washington State
            0.07 - 0.09
            Fuzzy thinking; motor skills clearly impaired; speech may be noticeably impaired; sight and hearing acuity are reduced; judgment ability is slowed and reduced.
            Ability to decide about further drinking is impaired and ability to evaluate and respond to sexual situations is diminished. (Warning: legally impaired consent is the same as NO CONSENT).
            0.1 - .02
            Emotions unstable; perceptions, thinking, judgment, reaction time are all significantly impaired.
            0.25 - .03
            Confusion, disorientation, dizziness, exaggerated emotions. All sense perceptions distorted. Numb. Severe risk of injury.
            0.3 - 0.4
            Stupor; motor functions severely impaired; unable to stand/walk.Vomiting, incontinence are high risk. Loss of pain awareness. Impaired consciousness.
            Risk of death.
            0.4 +
            High risk of impaired circulation, respiration or heart rhythm. Coma and death due to anesthesia of brain areas and nervous system functioning are very possible.
            For bonus points. If the passenger has a meal 1.5 hours into the flight, what wine should he choose with the Beef?
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

For bonus points. If the passenger has a meal 1.5 hours into the flight, what wine should he choose with the Beef?
              Most people would go with the red so in your case the chardonnay pinot noir....
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You're going to have a at the meal?? Suggest you carry on drinkin' then and ignore food...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Sweetie, we all know you're at Watford Gap services eating a Ginsters pasty and scratching your arse.
                  Now you'd best get on, that van load of knock off trainers wont deliver its self you know
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Do you mean to say you're so poor you cannot afford a chauffeur to drive you?

#lettingthesidedown

Comment

Working...
                    X