• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where does the problem lie? (SMTP 530).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the problem lie? (SMTP 530).

I'm using an online agile gubbins tool call OnTime. When I log in, I get login screen, for email address and password.

I forgot my password.

So, I click on "Idiots who've forgotten their possword click here " link. The next screen says "Enter your Login ID to be sent an email to reset your password". So that's what I do - and it's been confirmed that I've entered the right id.

When I submit the form, the email telling me how to reset my password never arrives.

However, when I tried various combinations of my password, I got a delivery failure notification, which reads:

postmaster@somedomainIveneverheardof

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Final-Recipient: rfc822:[email protected]
    Action: failed
    Diagnostic-Code: smtp;530 MAIL requires AUTH

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    To: [email protected]
    Cc:
    Date: 19 Mar 2014 04:34:00 -0400
    Subject: Your OnTime user account has been locked out
    Your OnTime user account has been locked out due to too many attempts. Please contact your OnTime Administrator to unlock your user account.

This suggests to me, that I should also have received a message that my account is locked. But I never received that either - just this delivery failure.

So - does the problem lie with OnTime or with clientsite?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Working...
X