• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sports Relief

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Relief

Does this tulipe now run for the entire duration of the year?

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Don't start me off....

If there's one thing more likely to dissuade me from giving to charity it's a bunch of celebs rallying us proles to the cause by performing crass stunts like playing golf in their cacks. Plus all their sermonising. Still, at least Lenny Henry isn't involved.

When is it anyway? Just so that I know to spend the day living under a stone....

Comment

It has been going on for the last 6 weeks at least.

Comment

Been wall to wall on BBC R5 for the last 8 months at least. They can feck off.

Comment

Don't forget comic relief this year . Your 5 pounds can help a disabled African tell the difference between an intruder and his girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
            Don't start me off....

If there's one thing more likely to dissuade me from giving to charity it's a bunch of celebs rallying us proles to the cause by performing crass stunts like playing golf in their cacks. Plus all their sermonising. Still, at least Lenny Henry isn't involved.

When is it anyway? Just so that I know to spend the day living under a stone....
            Hmmm, so what's likely to persuade you to give to charity?

Stuff like this, whilst it can be irritating, makes people reach for their wallets now, not at some indeterminate point in the future that may never come. I was impressed enough by John Bishop's efforts last time to text whatever it was to donate my fiver.

Comment

Who'd have guessed, a post from minestrone is complaining about something!

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
              Don't start me off....

The 'stunts' they do are pretty extreme actually and genuinely look horrible - swimming the Thames, running a marathon a day, etc.

It clearly works in terms of fund raising...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

The problem is that the stuff is like Japanese knotweed in the BBC, it gets everywhere and where it is there is going to be lots of it. I could take this stuff when it was on one night of the year and I could not watch it but now you cannot avoid it.

Davina McCall is just annoying and now her career is in freefall she does a bit of comic relief so we all have to suffer her for weeks on end.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Who'd have guessed, a post from minestrone is complaining about something!

The 'stunts' they do are pretty extreme actually and genuinely look horrible - swimming the Thames, running a marathon a day, etc.

It clearly works in terms of fund raising...
                  Well who would have guessed the most dull poster on CUK would find this stuff interesting.

And 'running' an 8 hour marathon a day is not extreme and not horrible, maybe it is to a fat weakling like yourself.

Comment

Well who would have guessed the most dull poster on CUK would find this stuff interesting.

And 'running' an 8 hour marathon a day is not extreme and not horrible, maybe it is to a fat weakling like yourself.
                    Oh do shut up you bitter old man. We already know you disapprove of everything and can find fault with everyone else and everything they ever do, so why not shut yourself away from the world where it can't annoy you and more importantly, the world won't be subjected to your negativity.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X