• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just had on of those phone calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just had on of those phone calls

Sir (Indian voice) we are the MS technical support team and our server has been made aware of a number of hacker attacks on your computer during the last couple of weeks. It is happening right now to you computer.

me 'but I don't use windows'

him 'so what operating system do you use?'

me 'I have an apple'

Receiver tone....
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Sir (Indian voice) we are the MS technical support team and our server has been made aware of a number of hacker attacks on your computer during the last couple of weeks. It is happening right now to you computer.

me 'but I don't use windows'

him 'so what operating system do you use?'

me 'I have an apple'

Receiver tone....
    The proper reply is "Do you parents know what you do for a living?
    Are you aware of the people you work for and that you aren't fixing anything just cheating people out of money.
    Are you aware of the shame you will bring yourself and your parents when people discover what you are actually doing."
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      The proper reply is "Do you parents know what you do for a living?
      Are you aware of the people you work for and that you aren't fixing anything just cheating people out of money.
      Are you aware of the shame you will bring yourself and your parents when people discover what you are actually doing."
      I am pretty sure that they are brought up that way. And judging from current trends he will most likely end up as CEO of Barclays by the time he is 30.
      If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

I tell them I don't own a computer.

Comment

Ooo I had one a while ago and strung them on for ages acting dumb before they got fed up and hung up. If I can waste the time of these utter twunts then I'm happy to spend the time

Comment

I ask him which one of the 7 I have?

then if I'm bored I tell him about the VMs. Its great fun yelling at them when you can't install the windows software on Ubuntu - give them the full irate user experience!

The more fun you have with them the less time they have to rip off little old ladies.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
            X