• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Would this have happened if he was not white?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this have happened if he was not white?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/5280690.stm

Police sorry for inquiry 'hurt'

Mr Woodhams had just returned from the local shops
    Police have apologised to the family of a father shot dead after standing up to a gang of youths in the street where he was stabbed months earlier.
    Peter Woodhams, aged 22, was shot after challenging a group of youngsters outside shops in Freemasons Road, Canning Town, east London.

On 21 January he was stabbed in the neck near the same shops.

A senior Scotland Yard officer apologised to the family for "any hurt" caused by the earlier inquiry.

Nobody was charged although his fiancee Jane Bowden said she phoned police repeatedly for five weeks adding that detectives never took a statement from her.

'Trouble outside'

At a news conference in Forest Gate, east London, on Wednesday night, Commander Rod Jarman said: "We will robustly deal with any failings in our investigation of the previous incident and make sure that those matters are dealt with.

"I would also like to make my apologies for any hurt that that investigation may have caused the family."

Mr Woodhams, a television satellite engineer, had returned home in his car on Monday night complaining of "trouble outside".

He then went outside on foot apparently to challenge the gang and was shot.

Detective Chief Inspector Ian Stevenson said: "I'm appealing for anyone who saw the victim or his vehicle near the shops to contact the incident room.

"I'm also particularly keen to speak with anyone who witnessed the shooting, or saw suspects running away."

Mr Woodhams was pronounced dead on arrival at the Royal London Hospital.

A 14-year-old boy has been questioned and released on bail

================================================== =====

So if it was an Asian man or a balck man who was initially stabbed by the group of kids, do you think that the police would have taken the attack a little more seriously.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Blair and Blair

Blair (the other **** in charge of the Met) is so hell-bent on imposing PC on his PCs after the 'institutionally racist' tag given to them by the left that he's gone on record saying among other things that he can't see what the fuss was all about after the 2 little girls that were murdered and that even that the Press was racist after reporting the details of another gruesome murder, that of a guy stabbed in NW London a few months ago. Apologies for any 'hurt' caused, eh ? Thanks, he's dead you morons.

Comment

You both sound like the kind of idiots that read the Sun.

Comment

Another one

So you approve of Blair No 2's above factual statements then.
        Are you by any chance :
        1. Guardian/Independent reader ?
        2. Polish/Eastern European ?
        3. Indian ?
        4. Other - obviously misguided

Comment

"You both sound like the kind of idiots that read the Sun."

Look at the facts. Had he been black and stabbed then this would have been a 'racist attack' and the Mets hate crime division would have kicked in. Because he was white the matter was 'dealt with' and left the guy to face his attackers at a later date, only for them to finish the job.
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

he might have been a chav!! Are they an official race yet?

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Look at the facts. Had he been black and stabbed then this would have been a 'racist attack' and the Mets hate crime division would have kicked in. Because he was white the matter was 'dealt with' and left the guy to face his attackers at a later date, only for them to finish the job.
              TonyEnglish you are by far the stupidest person I have seen on this forum.

It would be easy to tear your pathetic conclusions to shreds, unfortunately I have work to do and you are too blinkered (possibly too stupid?) to engage in a serious debate. So I am going to leave it at that.

Schmosta

Comment

Originally posted by Schmosta
                TonyEnglish you are by far the stupidest person I have seen on this forum.
                You are obviously new round here.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  You are obviously new round here.
                  around

- Fleetwood

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Rather than simply posting weak insults, why not tear the argument to shreads. The simple fact is that the guy was seriously attacked and nothing was done to his attackers. Had he been non white then it WOULD have been classed as a racially motivated hate crime and action WOULD have been taken after the first attack - meaning there was probably a chance he would be around now.

The point I was making is that the police seem to treat any attack on a non white person by a white person as racially motivated and act accordingly. It just seems that adding an element of race into the proceedings seems to stir the coppers up a little more than if it is a white on white crime.

So please feel free to tear this to shreds and please give examples when you do.

Cheers

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X