• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: The most probable facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370: The most probable facts

A fire on board, like Swissair 111 which crashed off Nova Scotia in the 90s.
    This either disabled all the comms (ACARS, transponder etc) or the pilots disabled them while looking for the fault and were then overwhelmed by events.
    The plane crashed in the Indian Ocean somewhere.

RIP passengers and unfairly maligned crew
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

and the fire could have been caused by a reckless highjacker firing a gun through the cockpit floor

OH in "just trying to cover all possibilities" mode
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

BBC News - An MH370 theory that was simple, compelling and wrong
      I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

I did read that - but what if the catastrophic event (fire or hydraulic failure) simply left the plane out of control after a certain point ( or out of control because of pilot incapacitation - smoke could have caused them to be unconscious and the fire could have then gone out).

There was a Nippon Air 747 that crashed into a mountain many years ago due to hydraulic failure - it was essentially out of control and exhibited many changes in lateral, horizontal and vertical direction, without actually going into a dive and crashing into the ground.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

The most informative thread, as far as any can be in the circs, or well-informed anyway, is probably:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost.html

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            The most informative thread, as far as any can be in the circs, or well-informed anyway, is probably:

http://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/535538-malaysian-airlines-mh370-contact-lost.html
            Really? Seems to be very few pilots on there just a bunch of CUK-like cretins.
            In other words, pluck a random improbable theory out if thin air and then try and make the facts fit it.
            Last edited by sasguru; 20 March 2014, 14:05.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Really? Seems to be very few pilots on there just a bunch of CUK-like cretins.
              Well not many are as knowledgeable as us naturally, but a few seem to know their stuff up to a point.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                Well not many are as knowledgeable as us naturally, but a few seem to know their stuff up to a point.
                I think you fall into the cretin category. But you probably know that deep down.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

<pedant>You can't have probable facts; facts are certainties.</pedant>

Comment

If the wreckage currently being investegated does turn out to be from the aircraft, that would point to the plane flying until it ran out of fuel. It's unlikely that would have happened had it been on fire.
                    For some reason the comms were disabled, the plane was then directed to a bearing, then left to its own devices.

"Why" is the question.

Comment

Working...
                    X