• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geert Wilders: "We want less Moroccans!"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Geert Wilders: "We want less Moroccans!"

The blonde bombshell is at it again:

At a party meeting Wednesday evening in The Hague, where his Freedom Party is set to win the most votes in municipal elections, Wilders asked supporters whether they wanted “more or fewer” Moroccans in the Netherlands.

His supporters chanted back: “Fewer! Fewer! Fewer!” before breaking into applause.

The Moroccans he refers to are Dutch citizen of Moroccan descent, not immigrants.

How long will you give it before this will be fashionable in UK? T

Video:
    Wilders: Willen jullie meer of minder Marokkanen? - YouTube
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Well at least he knows it's fewer not less.

Unlike you, judging from the title of your thread.

Comment

What do you all think of Geert Wilders?

I liked him in Blazing Saddles, thought he was really good with Richard Pryor, but I'm not certain about Young Frankenstein.

Comment

Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
        Well at least he knows it's fewer not less.
        Actually not, because he said: "Minder" in Dutch that can be translated as less or fewer.

For the pedants, I've actually been to school, you can say 'less' before plural names if it means a whole category. "The Moroccans" in this case is a collective noun, hence you can use "less".
        <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

Comment

Originally posted by Forgotmylogin View Post
          What do you all think of Geert Wilders?
          He's a contentless, anti-intellectual product of a marketing team that tells him what the lowest common denominator of public opinion is so he can blurt out the crap his supporters want to hear. He avoids debate and interviews. He's actually lost support compared to the last council elections and he can't gain support without going for a new voter demographic outside low educated low income white folk; as soon as he tries to appeal to someone else he alienates his long time supporters. He's now also lost the support of the political editors at De Telegraaf, the biggest right wing newspaper, and even provoked RTL News into taking an expicit standpoint, something they very rarely do. The one politician in this country who has consistently stood up to him and argued on the rare occasions that Wilders turns up for work in parliament is Alexander Pechtold from D66, and interestingly D66 made massive gains in the council elections including beating Wilders in Den Haag, where he was forecast to win. In Almere, where his party was the largest party, he has lost seats to moderate alternatives. He is a spent force in Dutch politics; he'll be around for some time to come but I don't think there's any danger of him getting near power any more, especially after last night's rather hideous rallying call.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Being a former Dutch citizen, I think Wilders is a stupid ignorant idiot and a hypocrite, as he's married with a foreigner.
            His party is somewhere in between the BNP and UKIP and the followers lowly educated rednecks.

Comment

Was Nigel Farage in the audience as well?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Being a former Dutch citizen,
                From your username, can I guess you're of Turkish origin?
                I think Wilders is a stupid ignorant idiot and a hypocrite, as he's married with a foreigner.
                Just like Farage (and Cleggs).
                His party is somewhere in between the BNP and UKIP and the followers lowly educated rednecks.
                How would you call a redneck in Dutch?

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  Was Nigel Farage in the audience as well?
                  You know, much as I disagree with Nigel Farage I'd be very surprised if he would stoop as low as Wilders did last night. I don't think he would, and I don't think that most UKIP supporters would tolerate what Wilders did. I think they're misguided, but most of them aren't complete bigots.

Comment

Originally posted by petergriffin View Post
                    How would you call a redneck in Dutch?
                    Well obviously, 'PVV'er'.

Otherwise;

Tokkie? Tokkie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Inteelt?

Comment

Working...
                    X