• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

GP service, lazy bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP service, lazy bastards

I'm ******* mad, missus had an operation around a year ago on her ears. Still having issues, anyway she woke up in lots of pain. Called our local GP, couldn't get to see a doctor but directed through to a nurse.

Nurse doesn't know what's going on but prescribed antibiotics and told the missus to go back and see your ENT consultant.

Ok, so the missus is in real pain, managed to organise an appointment this evening with the consultant, BUPA then ask for a referral letter. Should be easy, takes the doc 5 mins to type up and print off - I've seen them do it.

So the surgery manages to come up with the excuse is that there is no way the doc or any other of the docs can do this as it has to be dictated and then typed up by a secretary. I've had a few of these letters, basically two line jobs printed off using the printer in the docs office, so this is just bollocks.

What happened about putting the patient first. Anyway, we are now trying to arrange an appointment with a Bupa GP, to get a referral letter to see the consultant, probably going to end up going to A&E if the pain continues.

I won't go on about how our GP service has two receptionists for different docs and they don't cover each other. So you get a long list of people queuing for one doc and the other receptionist twiddles her thumbs. They both also have separate cover.

I won't go on about how twice we have sought second opinions privately and both have resulted in operations - if we followed our dick-head GP advice there could have been real problems.

I won't go on about a months waiting time to see a specific doc (the only half decent one).

Tried to move doc's, the ones around us are full up apparently.

I'm mad, mad and mad.

Sounds like the missus is faulty. Have you tried binning her and getting a new younger model?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I sympathise. As far as GP services go, the NHS is not fit for purpose any more.
      Mainly because of the cushy deal the doctors negotiated with New Labour.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Sounds like the missus is faulty. Have you tried binning her and getting a new younger model?
        I did say that to her this morning when she woke up in pain, but she rightly pointed out what 18 year old would have me!

Comment

Im sorry

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I'm ******* mad, missus had an operation around a year ago on her ears. Still having issues, anyway she woke up in lots of pain. Called our local GP, couldn't get to see a doctor but directed through to a nurse.

Nurse doesn't know what's going on but prescribed antibiotics and told the missus to go back and see your ENT consultant.

Ok, so the missus is in real pain, managed to organise an appointment this evening with the consultant, BUPA then ask for a referral letter. Should be easy, takes the doc 5 mins to type up and print off - I've seen them do it.

So the surgery manages to come up with the excuse is that there is no way the doc or any other of the docs can do this as it has to be dictated and then typed up by a secretary. I've had a few of these letters, basically two line jobs printed off using the printer in the docs office, so this is just bollocks.

What happened about putting the patient first. Anyway, we are now trying to arrange an appointment with a Bupa GP, to get a referral letter to see the consultant, probably going to end up going to A&E if the pain continues.

I won't go on about how our GP service has two receptionists for different docs and they don't cover each other. So you get a long list of people queuing for one doc and the other receptionist twiddles her thumbs. They both also have separate cover.

I won't go on about how twice we have sought second opinions privately and both have resulted in operations - if we followed our dick-head GP advice there could have been real problems.

I won't go on about a months waiting time to see a specific doc (the only half decent one).

Tried to move doc's, the ones around us are full up apparently.

I'm mad, mad and mad.
          Why not just get a new non dumbo eared wife?

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I sympathise. As far as GP services go, the NHS is not fit for purpose any more.
            Mainly because of the cushy deal the doctors negotiated with New Labour.
            I do know that we only have one full time GP the others work part-time, my hunch is that that working 2-3 days a week on excellent salaries is enough for them to have a decent life style. But it does mean it's near impossible to see the same doc twice in a row and we have long waiting times.

Paying GPs more has not resulted in an increase in quality of care.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
              Why not just get a new non dumbo eared wife?
              Found it hard enough getting this one and in all respects apart from her ear she is bloody brilliant. She is a 5ft blonde full of evil menace.

Comment

I'd head straight down to A&E. While waiting you can call BUAP ans tell them what you are doing and write a looooong complaint to BUPA and your docs surgery, while finding a new one?

I pay a stupid amount for mine but my last complaint they took seriously and the doc on the board saw me same day and referred me to his mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallas View Post
                  I'd head straight down to A&E. While waiting you can call BUAP ans tell them what you are doing and write a looooong complaint to BUPA and your docs surgery, while finding a new one?

I pay a stupid amount for mine but my last complaint they took seriously and the doc on the board saw me same day and referred me to his mate.
                  We may end up doing that but trying to get a private GP for the referral letter, don't fancy waiting hours in A&E to see a doc that doesn't have any of the operation records/scans etc. We have been back to the ENT consultant a few times so its best to see him if we can.

Oh we are also trying the route of calling up the GP to make a complaint but on lunch between 12-2!
                  Last edited by woohoo; 21 March 2014, 13:17.

Comment

That's just the problem. NHS is crap, no-one cares and you're frowned on if you complain because its the "good old nhs".

Tried complaining to hospital once - waste of time. Flowchart for NHS complaints:-

1. Can we deny it? If so, do so, otherwise go to 2.
                    2. Can we blame lack of funding? If so, do so, otherwise go to 3.
                    3. Can we blame someone else? If so, do so, otherwise go to 4.
                    4. Can't get away from it? Say sorry about that but do nothing further.
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X