• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving retirees their pension pot - the foundation of the next property boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving retirees their pension pot - the foundation of the next property boom

Well folks,

my prediction...

you heard it here first...

give the retirees control of their pension pots

where are they going to stick the cash

straight into bricks and mortar

this is going to be the beginning of the mother of all property booms

Milan.

I've missed you, milan.

Although I'm thrown by the two capital letters in the same post - is that a record?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

afternoon old chap how's it going

apologies for the low attendance, work committments and plan b are keeping me very busy these days and of course any spare moment is spent having a life with family and friends

plan b's third bun is in the oven

it is looking like by the 5th bun plan b could be in a position to go onto aim to raise cash for growth, that will be a fun adventure, i spoke to a nomad last summer and they said do a couple more buns and come back

what's new over here

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
        Well folks,

my prediction...

you heard it here first...

gi
        Milan.
        It was on BBC radio about 5 minutes after the budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          It was on BBC radio about 5 minutes after the budget.
          Whs

These pension pots are going into bricks n mortar because when it's boom time you make lots of money and when it's doom time the govt of the day ensure you make tulip loads of money.

Comment

yep no brainer innit

Milan.

Comment

AND

You get to talk about your "property portfolio" with the other pensioners at the bus stop.

Which was nice.

Comment

Giving retirees their pension pot

Comment

give the retirees control of their pension pots
                  where are they going to stick the cash
                  straight into bricks and mortar
                  I don't agree.
                  Before they retire, the pension money is invested in shares and funds of shares. At retirement they had to sell those shares and use the money to purchase an annuity.
                  What I think will happen now is that many of them will just keep their money in shares and funds without purchasing an annuity. In other words do nothing when they retire, other than save the dividends that the shares generate.

What does this mean? It means that in the near future there will be fewer people selling their shares. So assuming no change in the number of people buying shares it means share prices will start to rise. Nicely in time for the election next year. Fill yer boots!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                    I don't agree.
                    Before they retire, the pension money is invested in shares and funds of shares.
                    Generally in the run up to retirement it's moved into lower risk assets like cash and government bonds.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X