• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Clients computers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clients computers

My office space is beginning to become cluttered with contracts past & buried. There's now three dell laptops sitting on the shelf (fook ugly things to boot) clients not caring to take them back.

What should I do with them short of throwing them in the bin?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Charge them a storage fee.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Charge them a storage fee.
      You, sir, are totally COTBAC!!
      Last edited by northernladuk; 21 March 2014, 16:27.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I wouldn't be comfortable with clients kit whether someone bothers to take them back or not. I don't think that will be much defence if it went Pete Tong. I make sure they get their kit back whether they ask for it or not. No way do I want client kit or access past the last day of the contract anywhere near me.

Wipe em and give them anonymously to charity IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

EBay.

Comment

courier them to them with signed delivery.
            should cost £5 each.

job done.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              courier them to them with signed delivery.
              should cost £5 each.

job done.
              A 5Kg dell from Germany to the UK is not £5. Would be charged again for how ugly it is too.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Had a similar situation, we needed to test on lower-spec business laptops so I bought several old Dell craptops for £200ish each on eBay, then ended up stuck with them (I got the money from the client).
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  A 5Kg dell from Germany to the UK is not £5. Would be charged again for how ugly it is too.
                  forgot you were an expat. £15 - 30 then. £7 after tax.

still not a lot to fix the problem
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    forgot you were an expat. £15 - 30 then. £7 after tax.

still not a lot to fix the problem
                    That's an hour out of my day. Will be including an invoice with the post & packaging.

Comment

Working...
                    X