• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I can't get no

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't get no

job satisfaction

Nobody done this yet?

(147) Information technology and telecommunications professionals 40,222 7.308
    Surprised we're that far down. Sure it would be much higher if we could just fanny about programming whatever we felt like instead of having bloody clients and bosses telling us what they wanted.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Surprised we're that far down. Sure it would be much higher if we could just fanny about programming whatever we felt like instead of having bloody clients and bosses telling us what they wanted.
    I looked at it, but prefer to think of myself as
    (18) Information technology and telecommunications directors 64,879 7.705
    But then I'm a generally happy chappy.

Comment

Oh yeh! I did an IR35 fail there. Maybe HMRC should assess how miserable we are. The more unhappy the higher the degree of control.
      bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

most of the time nowadays I'm a happy chappie.

Not sure 93 is a fair place, compared to some of the other workers in the firm I have a great life.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Looking closer (not just searching for information, I obviously failed as a tester there) quite a few things that might fit CUKers. Also:

(117) Programmers and software development professionals 40,165 7.377

Think that's more me.
          bloggoth

Comment

I had a good day today - wrote a nice pivot query with a common table expression that made my query run about 1000x faster

Comment

I love what I do, when I think of the cr@p life I could have ended up with (an inner city secondary school Maths teacher ), doing what I do now is a god send, being paid a relative fortune to develop software is happy days

Comment

Contractors are in this pay grade, (2) Chief executives and senior officials 117,700

Comment

Pay also depends what you are in. You overpaid b*s in banking and other commercial sectors get about double what us lot in the engineering sector, aircraft, oil and gas, power etc., get.

Still, as a confirmed geek, I really like programming. A world with just machines and computers and no f* people would be brill!

PS This PS is empty. Please try again later.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 21 March 2014, 20:49.
                  bloggoth

Comment

How was your date, xoggy? Was she a goer?

Comment

Working...
                    X