• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cheap debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap debt

0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards | Credit Card Offers | Nationwide

26 months interest free, 0.75% transfer fee.

Fill yer boots!

The economy is built on cheap debt.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    0% Balance Transfer Credit Cards | Credit Card Offers | Nationwide

26 months interest free, 0.75% transfer fee.

Fill yer boots!

The economy is built on cheap debt.
    In theory you could get 10x5k 0% purchase credit cards then transfer forever, almost free 50k.

Comment

Well as long as firms continue to offer them, that is. I tried getting one from AmEx, a cashback card, but I think I have too much credit as it is, so might need to shed a few CCs and try again.

Comment

Tis annoying at the moment. Lots of cheap deals around and I love to stooze, but I'm also looking to move and even though its cheap its counted as 4x the debt off the amount a bank will lend you on a mortgage, so I've been having to unwind all my credit card debt before I go to the bank and ask for some more money.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          In theory you could get 10x5k 0% purchase credit cards then transfer forever, almost free 50k.
          Or one for £19k, one for £14k and one for £11k

While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
            Well as long as firms continue to offer them, that is. I tried getting one from AmEx, a cashback card, but I think I have too much credit as it is, so might need to shed a few CCJs and try again.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
              That would only get me a shed in Guildford.

I suppose I could buy a mansion in Swindon - but who wants to live there?

BTW the economy is not just built on credit. Its built on immigration too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                BTW the economy is not just built on credit. Its built on immigration too.
                Actually it's built on people who can spell and add up numbers.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  FTFY

Nah, my credit record is actually squeaky clean. I think I need to get rid of the lacklustre ones and wait a couple of months, then re-apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    Well as long as firms continue to offer them, that is. I tried getting one from AmEx, a cashback card, but I think I have too much credit as it is, so might need to shed a few CCs and try again.
                    They want you to actually use the thing, not just carry it in your wallet as a status symbol and use a load of others.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X