• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unfortunate Misunderstanding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunate Misunderstanding

A muslim father rang the UK Female Genitalia Mutilation helpline, to enquire the best way to get his two daughters done. It has been called an unfortunate misunderstanding

How the heck did this country ever come to this ?

very definately NSFW
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    A muslim father rang the UK Female Genitalia Mutilation helpline, to enquire the best way to get his two daughters done. It has been called an unfortunate misunderstanding

very definately NSFW
    I don't now.

I found your link too harrowing, sorry.

I shall do what I can to stop this. This is my pledge. I don't pledge this lightly.

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I now did due diligence on this. I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Sadly I already knew about this but did nothing.

I promise to do something.

Every day I have breath.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

very definately NSFW
        I think the shocking thing is the lack of prosecutions to date. Something they now seem to be addressing, although it's the tip of the iceberg. It's been illegal for 30 years - by not prosecuting the powers that be send the message that although it's illegal, we'll tun a blind eye. Every case that comes to light should be prosecuted, and all those complicit should face trial - parents, doctors, religious leaders.

Comment

This is how :-

Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs - Telegraph

I am a great believer that one should have any religious belief one wants. And (controlled)immigration is a good thing. But imagine going to Saudi and asking for Christian laws to be applied.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            This is how :-

Islamic law is adopted by British legal chiefs - Telegraph

I am a great believer that one should have any religious belief one wants. And (controlled)immigration is a good thing. But imagine going to Saudi and asking for Christian laws to be applied.....
            That story is about making a will. As I can already leave my fortune to a cat's home rather than my family it's a bit of a non story.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              That story is about making a will. As I can already leave my fortune to a cat's home rather than my family it's a bit of a non story.
              Think a bit deeper about that.

It's true that if someone wants to leave everything to a cats' home they can, but this is saying it would be the deferred position if they don't.

For example, if you leave everything to your kids, would you want the cats' home to successfully appeal for a share?

Comment

Indeed.

The guidance goes on to suggest that Sharia principles could potentially overrule British practices in some disputes, giving examples of areas that would need to be tested in English courts
                Beats me why we keep cowtowing to this backward claptrap.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  Think a bit deeper about that.

It's true that if someone wants to leave everything to a cats' home they can, but this is saying it would be the deferred position if they don't.

For example, if you leave everything to your kids, would you want the cats' home to successfully appeal for a share?
                  You didn't expect me to read the whole thing, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    You didn't expect me to read the whole thing, did you?

Comment

Working...
                    X