• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day 141: Bathroom Issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day 141: Bathroom Issues

I don't know whether this is an age thing but I appear to be developing a neurosis about visiting the bogs at work.

Issue 1) The urinals are too close together. I'm not exactly at ease stood next to another bloke with me chopper in hand at the best of times but this is cramping my shaking off routine.

Issue 2) The stalls are partitioned in such a way that people outside can see yer cacks round yer ankles. And, of course, you can hear your neighbours' activity as well as them being able to hear yours. I don't like that.

Issue 3) Indians hacking stuff into the sinks. And there's worse. Something I thought was a mere aberration but I've seen 2 different Indians do it now - what I can only describe as a casual vomit. It starts with the hacking routine but then they bring up some of their lunch, calmly rinse it away and then repeat a couple of times. All done in a very relaxed manner exhibiting none of the visible signs of distress that I'd be showing under those circumstances.

Oh for the bogs at my last client co which had floor to ceiling brick walls between each one and self contained wash basins so you didn't have to come into contact with anyone, let alone hear them at their business.

Originally posted by zoco View Post
    I don't know whether this is an age thing but I appear to be developing a neurosis about visiting the bogs at work.

Issue 1) The urinals are too close together. I'm not exactly at ease stood next to another bloke with me chopper in hand at the best of times but this is cramping my shaking off routine.

Issue 2) The stalls are partitioned in such a way that people outside can see yer cacks round yer ankles. And, of course, you can hear your neighbours' activity as well as them being able to hear yours. I don't like that.

Issue 3) Indians hacking stuff into the sinks. And there's worse. Something I thought was a mere aberration but I've seen 2 different Indians do it now - what I can only describe as a casual vomit. It starts with the hacking routine but then they bring up some of their lunch, calmly rinse it away and then repeat a couple of times. All done in a very relaxed manner exhibiting none of the visible signs of distress that I'd be showing under those circumstances.

Oh for the bogs at my last client co which had floor to ceiling brick walls between each one and self contained wash basins so you didn't have to come into contact with anyone, let alone hear them at their business.
    I work close enough to home that I can go have a tulip on my own throne
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Amen to that brother, how the hell are you supposed to catch 40 winks while billing in a cubicle setup like that.

What's this standing next to guys at the urinal then? Who the **** are you? George Michael or something.

Go try this to learn the proper etiquette...

http://www.urinalman.com/
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It could be worse....

Comment

One word - disabled loos (OK two words)

Just remember not to pull the red rip cord, or all hell breaks loose ..
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Maybe clientco got fed up with you spending too much time in there so redesigned to get you to do some work?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Maybe clientco got fed up with you spending too much time in there so redesigned to get you to do some work?
              Like this?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Reading this while sat on the crapper. American bogs are worse. Gaps in every door so people can glimpse you from the outside and vice versa. No privacy, I can see the name badge of the guy squeezing one out next to me because of the gap between them & low partitions, so basically if Churchill wanders past he'll be able to lean over and pass me a bog roll if I need one.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  One word - disabled loos (OK two words)

Just remember not to pull the red rip cord, or all hell breaks loose ..

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Reading this while sat on the crapper. American bogs are worse. Gaps in every door so people can glimpse you from the outside and vice versa. No privacy, I can see the name badge of the guy squeezing one out next to me because of the gap between them & low partitions, so basically if Churchill wanders past he'll be able to lean over and pass me a bog roll if I need one.
                    Sort of like this?

Comment

Working...
                    X