• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employer Respnsibility

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employer Respnsibility

Last edited by simon281; 24 August 2006, 11:51. Reason: leaving

Feck... more permie mentality
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

You need to speak to a guy called Chico who posts here now and then. He has the answer to everything apparently.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Your best bet is to seek legal advice and possibly pursue compensation for your loss of earnings through some (ambulance chaser) lawyers.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

No, you aren't (or at least, not directly).

The key point is that you're not an employee of the client, so you are not protected by their employee benefits scheme. You can only sue if you can demonstrate negligence or fault on their part.

You should be able to claim on the insurance of the person driving the car (assuming that it was their fault, of course).

You could, in theory, sue your own limited company, and then use your limited company to pursue a claim against the client's company. But this would be difficult to pursue unless you could show that the client had promised to provide transport as part of the contract.

Think you need a lawyer, but I would expect your only viable claim will be against the individual who caused the accident.
          Plan A is located just about here.
          If that doesn't work, then there's always plan B

Comment

Are that company obliged to pay me whilst I recover
            Jeezuz.

Supose you give your window cleaner a lift to the shops to get a new bucket. Supose you have a crash on the way and window cleaner breaks his legs.

Q. Do you think you would be legaly obliged to keep paying him for the windows he can no longer clean?

A. (in case you hadnt guessed) No.

Q. Could said window cleaner chase, via your car insurance, monies for loss of earnings resulting from the crash.

A. Yes

Q. Will said window cleaner likely see this money any time soon.
            A. No

Are you really a contractor?

Comment

You're a fiery pickle !

Comment

Originally posted by pickle
                Are you really a contractor?
                Nah! An EPC I'll bet [Envious Permie c\/nt].

I mean, who cares about Employer Responsibility when you're your own employer?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  You seem to have discouraged the OP, chaps...
                  Job done then!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Bit of a shame he removed the post, I didn't get to laugh at whatever it was he wrote Oh well....

Comment

Working...
                    X