• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Climate Change Racket

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Climate Change Racket

I have just spent a few days with an Arctic explorer who was insistent that ice volumes are reducing and that climate change is a major problem. However when I suggested that the "problem" was being exploited to employ people unnecessarily he was not amused.

We spend vast fortunes investigating Climate Change using the problem as an excuse to employ large numbers of scientists to fiddle around "investigating "the problem".

The Horizon 2020 project is one and here is another
    :BONUS EEIG - SOILS2SEA

This is what these people do. They actually do nothing whatsoever other than talk and waffle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Fts-3fOZY

What gives these organisations their integrity is governments (the EU in particular)journalists and zealots who manipulate us into accepting the need to employ these people. When all they are really doing is exploiting Climate Change to give themselves political and personal moral integrity and thus raise taxes.

It may all change however as the US government is changing its view about geo technical solutions (after all it is Geo technical activity that is causing the pollution so why should it not provide the solution?)

Climate engineering: No idea is too crazy to save the earth

So instead of paying hundreds of millions to the likes of "BONUS" BONUS EEIG - SOILS2SEA maybe we could pay £10.00 for a bottle of "lotion" to stick in a fish tank and see if it works.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have just spent a few days with an Arctic explorer who was insistent that ice volumes are reducing and that climate change is a major problem.
    It's one thing to debate the science, but are you doubting his observations, given that he's actually been to the ice caps and seen them?

Typical CUK general; I know fook all about <fill in subject> but I have an opinion!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      I have just spent a few days with an Arctic explorer who was insistent that ice volumes are reducing and that climate change is a major problem. However when I suggested that the "problem" was being exploited to employ people unnecessarily he was not amused.

We spend vast fortunes investigating Climate Change using the problem as an excuse to employ large numbers of scientists to fiddle around "investigating "the problem".

The Horizon 2020 project is one and here is another
      :BONUS EEIG - SOILS2SEA

This is what these people do. They actually do nothing whatsoever other than talk and waffle:

What gives these organisations their integrity is governments (the EU in particular)journalists and zealots who manipulate us into accepting the need to employ these people. When all they are really doing is exploiting Climate Change to give themselves political and personal moral integrity and thus raise taxes.

It may all change however as the US government is changing its view about geo technical solutions (after all it is Geo technical activity that is causing the pollution so why should it not provide the solution?)

Climate engineering: No idea is too crazy to save the earth

So instead of paying hundreds of millions to the likes of "BONUS" BONUS EEIG - SOILS2SEA maybe we could pay £10.00 for a bottle of "lotion" to stick in a fish tank and see if it works.
      If only you had the intellectual wherewithal to understand that it is entirely possible that the scientific consensus is correct AND that the problem is being exploited.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        If only you had the intellectual wherewithal to understand that it is entirely possible that the scientific consensus is correct AND that the problem is being exploited.
        Wot, you mean the world isn't binary? Huh? How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          It's one thing to debate the science, but are you doubting his observations, given that he's actually been to the ice caps and seen them?

Typical CUK general; I know fook all about <fill in subject> but I have an opinion!
          I did not doubt him at all.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

If you follow the money then you will find where the consensus lies

Comment

If this were a business pitch what do you think would happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Wot, you mean the world isn't binary? Huh? How so?
                Well it either is or it isn't.

Comment

Well it either is or it isn't.
                  Or maybe a small subset of issues are binary and most aren't. But not the other way around. I think.

Comment

What has the BONUS Project to do with Climate Change? Not a lot, from a cursory glance. Yes, accumulating knowledge can be expensive.

But you just try ignorance.

The research that identified the harm that CFCs were doing to the Ozone layer, and which led to the Montreal Protocols. Was that 'an excuse to employ large numbers of scientists to fiddle around'?

Or did it save our collective bacon?
                    Last edited by pjclarke; 25 March 2014, 10:07.
                    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X