• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1-0 in the Derby!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1-0 in the Derby!!

Bolton 1-0 Blackpool...

Why "Derby"????
    Can anyone explain why thy are called a "Derby"?

Serious question - but I am sure there will be some vaguely amusing responses.

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
      Why "Derby"????

Because there is a Derby Street in Bolton? I was brought up there, it's in Daubhill (pron. Dobble) and we say 'Derby' not 'Darby'....

In another words I don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
        Why "Derby"????

Local derby

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          Earl of Derby was topped here because of his role in the Bolton Massacre during the Civil War, 1800+ folks slaughtered, now not a lot of people know that, still the UK's Top Massacre, get in!

Ye Olde Man & Scythe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
            So a football match between local teams is named after a horse race?

Nah! I don't buy that!

Comment

Working...
            X