• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

need to man up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need to man up

Have to give myself an injection. I hate needles.

Need to get used to it cos it's going to be a daily occurance.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

You will be fine.

Do you have to do finger prick tests as well? Stabbing your own finger is completely unpleasant as it hurts more.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      You will be fine.

Do you have to do finger prick tests as well?
      Nope. Just daily injections and lots of pills. Everything else gets done to me except the draining, but that's not too bad normally.

These injections sting like fook.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        Have to give myself an injection. I hate needles.

Need to get used to it cos it's going to be a daily occurance.
        Smack head.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

A friend had to give herself daily injections into her stomach as part of her cancer treatment; I think steroid injections to reduce tumour sizes blocking blood vessels.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            A friend had to give herself daily injections into her stomach as part of her cancer treatment; I think steroid injections to reduce tumour sizes blocking blood vessels.
            These are anti coagulants to stop blood clots. Apparently they make the clots that are there dissolve as well. They seem to be the standard fragmin stuff they give everyone in a hospital bed. Just disconcerting it being DIY.

Comment

If you need any pointers on manning up PM me.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

My 15 year old niece has had to give herself injections several times a day for the past couple of years, and will need to continue doing so for the rest of her life, bar medical advances.

Yep, MTFU.

Comment

Can Mrs doodab do it to you? She'd probably enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    Can Mrs doodab do it to you? She'd probably enjoy it!
                    Why not. Shes been on the receiving end of a little prick for years.

What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X