• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Family cars....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family cars....

Mini nwp2c v2 arrived recently (what a blessing).

Before the arrival I was thinking about getting a nice sport car but the 2 child seats in the back of our current cars has turned a 5 seater into a 4 seater, so I was thinking what the solution is.

I have done a heck of a lot of research as I am thinking we need a car with the following features:

- Decent space in the back
    - Don't lose the sport aspect (nice drive, look, interior)
    - Very Economical and doesn't cost much to run
    - Good re-sale value
    - Good boot space, practical
    - Reliable and robust
    - 15-20k

Initially I was considering used Q7/X5 but then I saw the running costs and I was like

Then I considered BMW X3 and it looked to have it all, then I went to show room and saw how small it was in the back.....

Narrowed it down to the following vehicles

- BMW 320d/330d M Sport Estate
    - Volvo XC60
    - VW Tiguan - though this lacks the sport element
    - BMW X3 - still considering this because I quite like it.... I know I will have to pay more for a good one though.

Are there any other suggestions for a car which would meet those requirements?

YAWN...
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

- Good re-sale value
      - 15-20k
      You only need on of the items in bold because of the other item in bold.

Personally I would go for a cheaper people mover (Zafira tourer, s-max, Seat Alhambra) for the person transporting people and what you want for yourself.

Which is why my bigger car went and I got a Mini cooper s for myself....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Are there any other suggestions for a car which would meet those requirements?
        Think out of the box - get a divorce and spend half of your money on a sports motor...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Think out of the box - get a divorce and spend half of your money on a sports motor...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You only need on of the items in bold because of the other item in bold.

Personally I would go for a cheaper people mover (Zafira tourer, s-max, Seat Alhambra) for the person transporting people and what you want for yourself.

Which is why my bigger car went and I got a Mini cooper s for myself....
            hardly sporty and fun to drive.....

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              YAWN...
              It's only boring if we give him sensible suggestions.

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

You will regret the sports element when every bump wakes the kids up and has them wailing. A nice smooth ride and sleeping kids will help your stress levels no end.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You will regret the sports element when every bump wakes the kids up and has them wailing. A nice smooth ride and sleeping kids will help your stress levels no end.
                  That's before they start throwing crisps everywhere and wrecking the interior.

I really don't see the point of prestige brands for family cars. Blend in with a mid-market car and don't avoid looking like a
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    WHS. You want a wafty boat with wheels and dvd screens in the back.
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X