• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't try this at home, folks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't try this at home, folks.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/woman-...101457939.html

Stone me, are there no limits to hu-man stupidity?

Woman dies after injecting Vaseline in at-home boob job attempt
    Last edited by zeitghost; 5 June 2017, 11:38.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/woman-...101457939.html

See the bit at the bottom about men having done the same with their penis?

Ew. Even if I had a 1cm willy I'd still be loathe to even let a professional inject/cut/play around with it.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Stupid, and very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        See the bit at the bottom about men having done the same with their penis?

Ew. Even if I had a 1cm willy I'd still be loathe to even let a professional inject/cut/play around with it.
        It's not the first time Vaseline has been used by people desperate to make changes to their appearance. In the past men have attempted to increase the size of their penis by injecting the substance. But with death, tissue damage and erectile disfunction all known results, it's just not worth it.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

This is a tough question. Perhaps stupidity is limited to a percentage of the population, but it's difficult to calculate that. Perhaps it's limited by selection pressure, but many humans have this thing called 'compassion' which gives us an erge to help those who are not blessed with sufficient intelligence to survive, which inevitably leads to a higher survival rate among idiots than may be expected in another species.

I refer you to the work of Carlo Cipolla, who provides useful insights into the nature of human stupidity.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
          X