• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Farage vs Clegg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farage vs Clegg

Who won?
    Nick
    3.45%
    Nige
    58.62%
    I don't give a F***
    34.48%
    Andy W is the best *debater of all
    3.45%
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Farage by a mile....Yay!! VOTE UKIP!!
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I didn't see it. There was something more interesting on Belgian TV.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

though Clegg & Ashdown were all over the airwaves this morning putting the boot in.

I would prefer if Boris, billy boy or Dunkers had run UKIP Nigel just makes it a little seedy, not sure if that is good propaganda though.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Although I don't care for either of them, Farage came across as the more normal of them. Clegg was like some political automaton, armed with a plethora of soundbites that even clarkey would be proud of, almost as though he had a download from a civil serpent.

More interesting in all this, is how the big state grinds its gears into tearing Farage a new one. The youguv poll reluctantly giving the edge to Farage and as for those tabloid tuliphead journalists and other assorted apparatchiks saying it was a draw and Clegg was the winner...

Well, they didn't get the right answer this time around. Perhaps they'll get the right answer when the bbc host it next week.

It's going to be interesting, not for the politics being discussed, but for the awakening of the beast from its slumber.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Yup! As I understand, many folks voted in the poll without actually seeing the debate!

Farage came across all sweaty and nervous. He just got hooked up on 'preaching to the choir' and applauding crowds.

He handles push back rather badly. I could already see it @ LSE, where he had to handle young and critical audience.

I am afraid that Clegg beat him on style and substance. (Sowwy NLUK )
            Last edited by mos; 27 March 2014, 11:37.
            If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
              I am afraid that Clegg beat him on style and substance. (Sowwy NLUK )
              The poll after the debate says otherwise I am afraid.. Sowwy mos.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I watched. I don't think either "won"; both scored some points, and both fell into "my facts are better than your facts" arguments, but I don't think anyone watching would have been particularly swayed one way or another. Fararge did look a bit sweaty and once or twice out of his depth, whereas Cleggy did come across a bit too much as a professional politician and there were a couple of questions he avoided answering altogether (when asked about the ECHR preventing the UK from deporting criminals he got on his soapbox about how great the European Arrest Warrant was).

But even having the debate was a personal victory for Farage in as much as looking more like a serious party leader. And it was probably a boost for both in terms of the MEP elections with the other two not bothering to show up.

The impression I get from here and elsewhere is not many people could be arsed to watch. Though it being promoted as a regional local radio show couldn't have helped; it was only through accident I noticed it was going to be on Sky News.
                Last edited by VectraMan; 27 March 2014, 11:49. Reason: stupid English tenses
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Both twats. I don't agree with anything Nigel Farage of the UKIPS said but he certainly seemed to do better. Put him up against somebody with a bit more clout who knows what they are on about and then lets see.

It certainly was nothing more than point scoring. If you tuned in as you were on the fence on the EU and were hoping for some solid arguments to sway you in either direction you wouldn't have learned anything.

The highlight was listening to Clegg squirm and utterly dodge the question of trust with reference to his pledge on tuition fees. Farage on the other hand answered the question of him paying his wife a salary reasonably.

I do find it strange how on one hand Farage claims that the British people have no say over EU matters yet as an MEP he utterly fails in his job to represent the British people by hardly ever bothering to turn up or vote on policies that would benefit British citizens.

Hypocrites, the both of them.
                  Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 27 March 2014, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The poll after the debate says otherwise I am afraid.. Sowwy mos.
                    I hate to argue with NLUK . We will have to wait a few days to see if LibDem position in the ranking improved, and if so - at whose expense. As of the beginning of the week - UKiP lost 1% of disenchanted LibDem voters to the Greens, but they scooped up slightly more disenchanted votes from Con/Lab at the expense of SNP.
                    If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Working...
                    X