• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible Boomdy Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Boomdy Boom

Looks like I am landing a new contract in about a weeks time. Just going through the motions of getting the contract IR35 reviewed. The last time I worked with the agency was about 3 years ago. Is it wise to get the contract reviewed again even though it was ok 3 years ago?
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Looks like I am landing a new contract in about a weeks time. Just going through the motions of getting the contract IR35 reviewed. The last time I worked with the agency was about 3 years ago. Is it wise to get the contract reviewed again even though it was ok 3 years ago?
    unless you are 100% sure its not changed get it checked...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Always wise to get any contract reviewed, particularly if you use the 3 free a year option from QDOS. If it's word for word at an extension then maybe not but 3 years is a long time so most definitely IMO.

Got a big fat banana waiting in the wings for ya.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        unless you are 100% sure its not changed get it checked...

I forgot to mention that the role is for a different client. The working practice is slightly different to the last contract, but it appears to be outside IR35. I don't have the patience to go through the contract word for word, so I guess it's a good thing to get it checked. (Working practice in that I am required to bring my own laptop, whereas before I wasn't required to). Judging from what I can see, the contract is outside IR35 especially as MOO is in my favour from what I can gather.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Always wise to get any contract reviewed, particularly if you use the 3 free a year option from QDOS. If it's word for word at an extension then maybe not but 3 years is a long time so most definitely IMO.

Got a big fat banana waiting in the wings for ya.

I forgot to mention it was for a different client. I used the agency 3 years for a client in London, and now I got another contract (3 years later) for a different client. Normally for extensions I don't bother with a review, as it is normally a new schedule document I am given to approve. I don't have any of the insurance documents from QDOS, but may consider it next year if need be.

Comment

I forgot to mention it was for a different client. I used the agency 3 years for a client in London, and now I got another contract (3 years later) for a different client. Normally for extensions I don't bother with a review, as it is normally a new schedule document I am given to approve. I don't have any of the insurance documents from QDOS, but may consider it next year if need be.
            I think I have only had one gig that hasn't required PI/PL but kept it going anyway and the bonus is the 3 free reviews.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have a tentative !

Comment

Indeed, let me be the fifth to offer you a tentative, bright, shiny, blue glistening !
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X