• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Where to buy a multi region dvd player

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Experts: Where to buy a multi region dvd player

Afternoon All,

where's the best online store to buy a multi region dvd player and which is the best/cheapest to get ?

Thanks,

Milan.

Can't most be hacked to become multi region?
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
      Afternoon All,

where's the best online store to buy a multi region dvd player and which is the best/cheapest to get ?

Thanks,

Milan.
      That's 2 questions...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

nice one Tone,

answer a question with a question

people like you are as helpful as a string vest in heavy rain

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          Afternoon All,

Thanks,

Milan.
          Richersounds.com do m/r players. Not sure if they'll ship to the continent though Beansey. The best cheap one is a Toshiba which they were knocking out for about £50 a while back. The best expensive one I've seen is a Denon at about £800. You don't want a cheap one though Beansey, surely? You is a contractor, after all...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Mordy me old cocker,

many thanks, cheap one it is

Richer Sounds here we come

Milan.

Comment

don't get Sony ones
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sister in law got a phillips one that plays everything for $60 in new york. It is aparently pretty good.

This is prolly not much use, but since when has being helpful been a staple of these boards?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  don't get Sony ones
                  wasn't he married to Cher?
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Depends what you want to do with the string vest in the heavy rain.

You could untangle the string and using a bit of plastic sheeting, make yourself a simple but effective tent by tying the string between 2 trees and placing the plastic sheet over the thread. That, I would say would be very useful and more useful than the non string equivalent.

Or without untangling the vest, you could use it as a simple fishing net - the effectiveness of this option would have nothing to do with inclement weather though.

If you had a lot of cocktail sausages and cocktail umbrellas you could stick the sharp ends of the umbrellas into the sausages, through the gaps in the vest. Giving priority to the shoulder areas, and providing you have a large supply of cocktail sausages you could create yourself an all over cocktail umbrella 'coat'. Using a string vest would be better than a normal vest as the umbrellas would ruin a normal vest. When the rain stops you could then eat the sausages. Actually pineapple chunks would probably work better than cocktail sausages, but I don't like pineapple chunks.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X