• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Comin' over 'ere, nickin' our weather!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comin' over 'ere, nickin' our weather!

IPCC climate change report: Britain should 'get used' to more flooding and storms - Telegraph

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Do they not realise that all this alarmist bilge is detrimental to their cause?

I'm one of those who is prepared to believe that we're having some effect on the climate but these ridiculous predictions of cataclysmic weather events, droughts, famine, disease, inundation of entire nations is just such bad science that I when I hear it it goes in one ear and out the other.

Comment

Oh Christ another reason avoid BBC News today.

Comment

What it appears he said was,

"You see that extremely wet winter the UK just had? And that heatwave a few years back in the UK which contributed to the number of deaths in the UK? That's what you'll get regularly in the future, that is."

Of course, saying that weather we've experienced recently is likely to become more normal in the UK, rather than an extreme, is very alarmist...

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          Do they not realise that all this alarmist bilge is detrimental to their cause?

I'm one of those who is prepared to believe that we're having some effect on the climate but these ridiculous predictions of cataclysmic weather events, droughts, famine, disease, inundation of entire nations is just such bad science that I when I hear it it goes in one ear and out the other.
          Why, because these things are not happening?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post

Oh Christ another reason avoid BBC News today.
            It's in the Telegraph though.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Why, because these things are not happening?
              When have they not happened
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A bit of fresh impetus was clearly needed to keep the pedal on the gravy train
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  When have they not happened
                  They are happening with increasing frequency - most of the extreme events of the last few years, even in the Uk, which is protected by being an island close to the Gulfstream, have the description attached "...since records began ...".
                  Other countries have had record breaking events too.
                  I have no doubt the climate is changing around the world - anyone who isn't a complete blinkered fookwit can see that - whether it's caused by human agency can be argued.
                  It may even turn out that climate change will be good for Europe in the short term, not so much for the rest of the world.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

This would have never happened under Labour.

Comment

Working...
                    X