• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employees Allowance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employees Allowance

Can someone tell me if the new Employees allowance starting on the 6th April applies to me? I work through an umbrella company and pay Employees Insurance on a weekly basis. As I am classed as being an employee for the umbrella company would be eligible for the £2000 per year reduction?

No. It applies to employers' NI. You are an employee not an employer.

https://www.gov.uk/employment-allowance

But it does apply to me

Comment

You could check the accounting sections seems it has been covered at least 4 times in the last couple of weeks....
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK, back in yer box !

Comment

Your brolly gets the allowance. I suppose if they have 2000 clients, they could give you all an extra £1.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I got a letter about this new Employment Allowance in the mail last night???
            "So what is it?"

Comment

The Employment Allowance is something that will be claimed by your employer - in your case, the umbrella. If the umbrella that you use does claim the allowance then it will not affect the amount of NIC that you pay.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
                I got a letter about this new Employment Allowance in the mail last night???
                "So what is it?"

If you run your own company and pay wages it means that, in most cases, you'll be able to reclaim the first £2,000 your company pays in Employer's NI.

Your accountant should have told you about this, and advised on the salary to take in 2014/15 to get some benefit from it.
                ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Yes, I run my own company.
                  I was just wondering what benefit is to me.
                  e.g can I pay my self more or put it into pension ect?

Comment

Working...
                  X