• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Man on Man Love for Firefox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Man on Man Love for Firefox

BBC News - OKCupid seeks to block Mozilla Firefox over gay rights

Dating website OKCupid has sought to deter users from accessing its site via browser Mozilla Firefox.
    Morally a great move, PR-wise even better, not sure of Firefox's market share but I imagine its not as big as IE, Chrome or Safari so exclude a small number of your customers for a lot of free publicity
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Using FireFox since first version and really they got serious issue with it getting super slow very quickly - FFS, engineers there should focus on that in the first place!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      BBC News - OKCupid seeks to block Mozilla Firefox over gay rights

Morally a great move, PR-wise even better, not sure of Firefox's market share but I imagine its not as big as IE, Chrome or Safari so exclude a small number of your customers for a lot of free publicity

Hmmm...inneresting.

I don't know what Firefox's market share is but it always has been and will continue to be my browser of preference.

IE is very resource greedy as well as being complete cack and don't even get me started on non compliance of w3 standards.

Comment

Everyone's entitled to their own views and choices I suppose unless it impacts directly on someone or something.

Firefox has always been my browser of choice and this won't influence me in changing.
        In Scooter we trust

Comment

It is, however, another example of the way that freedom of conscience is attacked nowadays.

The Mozilla CEO opposed gay marriage. He sponsored a movement that, through democratic means, passed a law banning gay marriage. He is now portayed as an opponent to equal rights and users are asked to avoid the product produced by the company he works for because of it. The company doesn't discriminate against homosexuals.

There's a whole other thread about it on here, but being opposed to gay marriage does not neccessarily mean being opposed to equal rights - you could be all for "civil partnerships" for all, with "marriage" being a religious add-on.

I haven't heard of him being accused of hate-speak, or workplace discrimination, yet somehow he is evil because he disagrees with a minority in a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
            It is, however, another example of the way that freedom of conscience is attacked nowadays.

The Mozilla CEO opposed gay marriage. He sponsored a movement that, through democratic means, passed a law banning gay marriage. He is now portayed as an opponent to equal rights and users are asked to avoid the product produced by the company he works for because of it. The company doesn't discriminate against homosexuals.

There's a whole other thread about it on here, but being opposed to gay marriage does not neccessarily mean being opposed to equal rights - you could be all for "civil partnerships" for all, with "marriage" being a religious add-on.

I haven't heard of him being accused of hate-speak, or workplace discrimination, yet somehow he is evil because he disagrees with a minority in a democracy.
            When I was at university there was a no-platform for people who held opinions that the SU didn't agree with. For hate speech, fair enough, but for everything else, it's just a matter of wanting to stifle any debate.

OKCupid have gone tumbling off any moral high ground they might have held by using such techniques. There's no discussion of trying to persuade people to their way of thinking, simply that if you don't agree with them, you're wrong. So much for moral relativism and tolerance.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
              Everyone's entitled to their own views and choices I suppose unless it impacts directly on someone or something.

Firefox has always been my browser of choice and this won't influence me in changing.
              homophobe

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                homophobe
                You're a homophobephobe.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  When I was at university there was a no-platform for people who held opinions that the SU didn't agree with
                  When I was at university they banned Mr Lover Man from the juke box in the union bar because Shabba said something on The Word, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                    homophobe
                    hahaha! I'm the least homophobic person I know the same can't be said for the valley in which I live though, still people are entitled to their own views and who am I to change them.
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X