• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What question would you like to ask a member of MPC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What question would you like to ask a member of MPC?

This isn't 1st April joke, so keep it serious - tomorrow I am meeting a member of Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).

At the meeting I'll have the opportunity to ask a question, maybe two - so it's your chance to voice your ideas.

Do you lick the chutney spoon and put it back in?

Comment

Have you tried bleeding the radiators?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Do you like gladiators?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          This isn't 1st April joke, so keep it serious - tomorrow I am meeting a member of Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC).

At the meeting I'll have the opportunity to ask a question, maybe two - so it's your chance to voice your ideas.

I'm sure you'll have plenty of ideas e.g. your idea of banning people from buying Porsches with their bonuses, your idea of curtailing the free financial markets and other tried-and-tested Soviet ideas
          But as you're buying a house, do us all a favour and ask for stamp duty to be abolished on houses under 2 million.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

At what age did you become partial to snooker balls and the taste of leather?

Comment

Where does a squirrel keep his nuts?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I'm sure you'll have plenty of ideas e.g. your idea of banning people from buying Porsches with their bonuses, your idea of curtailing the free financial markets and other tried-and-tested Soviet ideas
                Not forgetting looser monetary policy in relation to sofa hire purchase agreements.

Comment

Were none of you at the back tempted to stick two fingers up behind the guys at the front in a 'bunny ears' gesture?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Not forgetting looser monetary policy in relation to sofa hire purchase agreements.
                    Sofas should be shipped free in a Brum help to buy housing scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X