• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yasmin Alibhai Brown: the media must be controlled

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yasmin Alibhai Brown: the media must be controlled

Something about controlling the media to stop Nigel Farage getting too much publicity. Can't watch it myself but it's only 18 seconds so would be innerested to see if it's as contentious as it sounds. Anyone care to do the honours?

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: The media has to censor Nigel Farage - YouTube

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Something about controlling the media to stop Nigel Farage getting too much publicity. Can't watch it myself but it's only 18 seconds so would be innerested to see if it's as contentious as it sounds. Anyone care to do the honours?

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown: The media has to censor Nigel Farage - YouTube
    I'd rather eat my own dog mess.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

"What has to happen between now and the elections that are coming up is that the media has to be kind of (?) controlled in terms of how often Farage gets to rule the airwaves. I think we should be very, very worried."
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
        I'd rather eat my own dog mess.
        How does that work?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          "What has to happen between now and the elections that are coming up is that the media has to be kind of (?) controlled in terms of how often Farage gets to rule the airwaves. I think we should be very, very worried."
          Oh, doesn't give much context does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            How does that work?
            It's scatologically possible if you're cunning.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              It's scatologically possible if you're cunning.
              Yeah sure but my poo is human poo. How do you do doggy doos?
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I think the media has to give equal billing to each of the main politically parties (and as much as you might not like it UKIP is now one of the main parties) the only problem is that UKIP is a one man band in terms of who can be put in front of a camera, would any one even know who the UKIP Deputy Leader is without Googling it?

Its this bloke BTW

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

yeah that went well last time!

Censorship in Nazi Germany

idiot, if she doesn't like what he is saying then explain why, if other people like what he is saying then work out why and campaign against it.

assuming of course it isn't taken completely out of context.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    yeah that went well last time!

Censorship in Nazi Germany

idiot, if she doesn't like what he is saying then explain why, if other people like what he is saying then work out why and campaign against it.

assuming of course it isn't taken completely out of context.
                    I think there is a case for a No Platform position when it comes to fascists, who are looking to abuse democratic freedoms to bring down democracy, but...

Farage is a democrat, so give him proportional access to the airwaves etc. to allow him to express his views.

Comment

Working...
                    X