• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Resumes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resumes

I have 90 to review for 5 new positions(3 perm/2 contract). I am of the opinion that US contractors are fooking useless. The resumes you get.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have 90 to review for 5 new positions(3 perm/2 contract). I am of the opinion that US contractors are fooking useless. The resumes you get.
    America does not use contractors they way we do. There a contractor is someone just about OK (say Suity) who really wants a permie job but isn't good enough.

Here you are only a permie if you aren't good enough to be a contractor...

Either way play eenie meenie miney mo and bin 30% of them of straightaway. You don't want unlucky people working for you....
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      America does not use contractors they way we do. There a contractor is someone just about OK (say Suity) who really wants a permie job but isn't good enough.

Here you are only a permie if you aren't good enough to be a contractor...

Either way play eenie meenie miney mo and bin 30% of them of straightaway. You don't want unlucky people working for you....
      Agreed. Contracting in the US is seen as a bit of a failure to be honest. Texas Suity would kick ass here.

Comment

Contracting in the US is seen as a bit of a failure to be honest.
        Who cares how it's seen? What are the rates like?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How the heathen mock the visionary.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Who cares how it's seen? What are the rates like?
            Minimum wage for the likes of burger flippers such as MF.

Comment

" I strive to seek out the correct data to support business decisions, communicate it in a meaningful
              way, and quantitatively measure its success or failure to guide future decisions. My favorite question to ask is
              “Why?” and my favorite phrase to combat is “We do it like that because we’ve always done it that way”. "

Comment

" I strive to seek out the correct data to support business decisions, communicate it in a meaningful
                way, and quantitatively measure its success or failure to guide future decisions. My favorite question to ask is
                “Why?” and my favorite phrase to combat is “We do it like that because we’ve always done it that way”. "

What's your favourite phrase on your résumé?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  What's your favourite phrase on your résumé?
                  Resume Mission Statement.

Check this one out.

"Specialty Solid Waste and Recycling, Santa Clara, CA July 2008 – Present Customer Service Field Manager
                  Manage 12 front load routes and drivers."

WTF!!!!!! I'm hiring a ******* business analyst!!!!!!!!!

Comment

WTF!!!!!! I'm hiring a ******* business analyst!!!!!!!!!
                    Yeah yeah what's the rate?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X