• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Newby + Opt-out of EAA Regulations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby + Opt-out of EAA Regulations

Hi Guys,

I am new here and I am told that there is a wealth of knowledge here. So I am going to put you to the test.

I am about to start my first contract. I have been a permanent employee for the past 14 years, and have managed to get a contract and squirm my way out of my existing notice period, so I'm all good and almost ready to start on Wednesday.

Many, many forms to fill in from the Agency. One of which is "Opt-out of EAA Regulations". I have had a search on here, and oddly couldn't find anything under "EAA" so figured the easiest thing was to register and ask you guys about it. I don't fully appreciate what the EAA regulations means, and therefore do not know whether i should opt out or not? If I do not want to, can the agency force me to?

Thanks guys,

Nik

Somehow you managed to miss the millions of threads on opting out on here?

Comment

The general consensus is NOT to opt out, although the reasons for this are subject to endless dabate.

Comment

Originally posted by nikp View Post
        Hi Guys,

I am new here and I am told that there is a wealth of knowledge here. So I am going to put you to the test.
        Here is a better idea, why not go find that wealth of knowledge and read it?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

PCG take on it - https://www.pcg.org.uk/agency-regulations-0

You'll need to log in to get the detailed guide, though.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am about to start my first contract. I have been a permanent employee for the past 14 years, and have managed to get a contract and squirm my way out of my existing notice period, so I'm all good and almost ready to start on Wednesday.

Many, many forms to fill in from the Agency. One of which is "Opt-out of EAA Regulations". I have had a search on here, and oddly couldn't find anything under "EAA" so figured the easiest thing was to register and ask you guys about it. I don't fully appreciate what the EAA regulations means, and therefore do not know whether i should opt out or not? If I do not want to, can the agency force me to?

Thanks guys,

Nik
            Here you go Opt in, opt out? What the employment agency regulations are all about :: Contractor UK
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

... I am told that there is a wealth of knowledge here. So I am going to put you to the test.
              Here.

|
              v

Comment

Thanks to those for the more helpful replies - as I said, I tried searching for EAA and the search results came up with nothing. Don't know why, seemed like a quicker option to post a question with regards to it rather than try a multitude of search options.

Thanks muchly. The agency is asking me for my scanned copy of the opt out. My guess he's trying it on thinking that I will sign it having just started the contracting business.

Comment

Thanks to those for the more helpful replies - as I said, I tried searching for EAA and the search results came up with nothing. Don't know why, seemed like a quicker option to post a question with regards to it rather than try a multitude of search options.
                  We are helpful but we don't spoon feed people.

The forum has a search facility so you would have found multiple threads including one with a sticky.

Even if that didn't work a search on google would have brought you to them.

There are also guides under CUK Navigation which you should read.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X