• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rumble in the Beeb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rumble in the Beeb

So predictions for Nick Versus Nige?

BBC News - Nigel Farage ready for 'ding-dong' in Nick Clegg TV debate

what key points do you think they will clash on?
    Who do you think will win?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

No one will win. Some people will lose an hour of their life. I pity them.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

They did this last week on the radio. Pointless but I'll still watch.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        So predictions for Nick Versus Nige?

BBC News - Nigel Farage ready for 'ding-dong' in Nick Clegg TV debate

what key points do you think they will clash on?
        Who do you think will win?
        If UKIP are the answer, then it must have been a very stupid question.

Comment

Well, one thing's for certain: Farage is going to get stitched up big time like a (U)kipper on the BBC. Think biased QT audience and selected questions on steroids. He'd do well to come out unscathed, but it's not going to be allowed to happen.

I'd rather eat my own dog mess than watch it though.

Woof woof!

Bark!

Lick lick. Nom nom nom.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
            They did this last week on the radio. Pointless but I'll still watch.
            They also did it last week on the telly. Which makes this doubly pointless.

I quite enjoyed it.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Watched it last week on Sky. I was interested in the debate as I'm a confirmed Eurosceptic.

However even the studio audience looked disinterested and I think the ordinary voter will find whole thing a turn off.

Agree about the Beeb though. The LBC audience seemed fairly balanced but the Beeb just won't be able to help themselves and will try make sure Clegg wins this one.

They will pack the audience with left-leaning trade unionists, public sector workers and odd-ball community groups whilst claiming the audience has been carefully picked for "balance." Dimbleby will try to get onto the subject of UKIP being "closet racists" then egg on the crowd to shout abuse and jeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Watched it last week on Sky. I was interested in the debate as I'm a confirmed Eurosceptic.

However even the studio audience looked disinterested and I think the ordinary voter will find whole thing a turn off.

Agree about the Beeb though. The LBC audience seemed fairly balanced but the Beeb just won't be able to help themselves and will try make sure Clegg wins this one.

They will pack the audience with left-leaning trade unionists, public sector workers and odd-ball community groups whilst claiming the audience has been carefully picked for "balance." Dimbleby will try to get onto the subject of UKIP being "closet racists" then egg on the crowd to shout abuse and jeer.
                Yep, that's right:
                The audience of 100 people was recruited by polling organisation ICM reflecting as far as possible the broader voting age population in terms of gender, age, ethnicity and social class
                The audience also has similar numbers of people who support UK membership of the EU and those who believe the UK should leave, with some undecideds as well
                They're really pushing a biased audience in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                  Yep, that's right:

I think he might be jaded by the question time experience. Where there is no doubt they pick their audience to support their leftie views.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
                    Yep, that's right:

They say that every week about Question Time. And every week its a bunch of howling lefties in the audience.

Still might be wrong. I shall watch and compare the audience/questions with the LBC debate last week.

Comment

Working...
                    X