• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is it okay to laugh at stupid Irish people in the 21st Century?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it okay to laugh at stupid Irish people in the 21st Century?

Device exploded in bomber's face after he 'forgot about clocks changing' - Telegraph

The real funny bits are: "This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb" and "The suspected bomber was seen fleeing the area in Dublin with "blood dripping down his face" - WTF, if tehe explosive was high grade then surely he would not be running around?

Comment

It's always okay to laugh at stupid people, be they British, Irish, Azerbaijani or any other nationality. It's not really relevant to chuckle at the fact that the idiot is Irish, as Cipolla's second law of human stupidity states that 'the probability that a certain person be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person'.

However, while laughing, remember Cipolla's fourth law; 'non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid people' and the fifth law, 'the stupid person is the most dangerous type of person that exists', giving the base corollary that 'a stupid person is more dangerous than a bandit'. So it's OK to chuckle, but best be on your guard against idiots in your vicinity.

Prof. Cipolla?s theory on stupidity
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Me thinks time to draft some CUK Laws.

I start:

First Law of CUK - amount of new useful content on CUK Forum halves every 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Me thinks time to draft some CUK Laws.

I start:

First Law of CUK - amount of new useful content on CUK Forum halves every 2 years.
          Second Law of CUK - amount of new useful content on CUK Forum started at zero.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            The real funny bits are: "This certainly was a high-grade explosive used in this bomb" and "The suspected bomber was seen fleeing the area in Dublin with "blood dripping down his face" - WTF, if the explosive was high grade then surely he would not be running around?
            That's the first thing that occurred to me too - I'd have thought a thimble full of semtex would easily be enough to have literally blown him to bits, or certainly killed him, had it gone off in a car he was in. But possibly only the detonator (not connected to the main charge) went off.

Or maybe the whole article was an April Fool joke
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X