• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good London Recruitment Agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good London Recruitment Agents

Hi Peeps,

I've just moved to London and although I have a network of a few recruiters I'm looking to find out any good contract ones particularly in Financial Services? So far the ones I've used have been a bit lacklustre

Cheers

Who gives a tulip who the agent is. If they have a role you want you will go with more or less any of them. Sticking to one agent and just waiting for him to come up with something is just fail.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Good recruiters are ones who get you a contract.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Who gives a tulip who the agent is. If they have a role you want you will go with more or less any of them. Sticking to one agent and just waiting for him to come up with something is just fail.
        I agree, and I don't tend to stick to an agent. Other than a few online job boards I'm struggling to find contracts. I've used a few agencies (not specific agents) in the past and it's worked well but I don't know many of the London based ones

Comment

Originally posted by nstreete View Post
          Hi Peeps,

I've just moved to London and although I have a network of a few recruiters I'm looking to find out any good contract ones particularly in Financial Services? So far the ones I've used have been a bit lacklustre

Cheers
          1) update CV
          2) upload CV to Jobsite

Rinse and repeat daily.
          "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

I don't know any agencies who restrict themselves to London. Why would they?
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Good recruiters are ones who get you a contract.
              and take only 5% cut

Comment

Get on LinkedIn.
                I get SO many agencies ringing me with prospects because they've seen my profile (which a replica of my CV) on LinkedIn

Comment

You need to network dear boy, that's how it's done that there London Village, everyone knows everyone.

Best of British.

qh
                  He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
                    1) update CV
                    2) upload CV to Jobsite

Rinse and repeat daily.
                    Jobsite does seem the current favourite when I ask an agent which site they found my CV on - whereas a few months ago it was Jobserve.

Comment

Working...
                    X