• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End Of Year Declarations - Question 2: Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End Of Year Declarations - Question 2: Expenses

On the End Of Year Declarations form Question 2 is "So far as you know, did anyone else pay expenses, or in any way provide vouchers or benefits
    to any of your employees whilst they were employed by you during the year?"

I recently worked for eight months for a client and I covered my own hotels/travel/food expenses when going to their UK site.
    For about half of the period I worked at one of their sites in Europe - for this I was expensed for hotels/travel/food.
    These were reimbursed through my Ltd Co. bank account.

By answering Yes to this question am I putting myself within IR35?

It is not related to ir35.

From your description the answer to that question is no.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
      It is not related to ir35.

From your description the answer to that question is no.
      What is the purpose of the question then?

Comment

Originally posted by OverLord View Post
        What is the purpose of the question then?
        To find out if anyone else provided benefits in kind to your employees that they should be taxed on.
        Last edited by Clare@InTouch; 7 April 2014, 07:46.
        ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
          To find out if anyone else provided benefits in kind to your employees that they should be taxed on.
          For example my employers clients may provide flights, hotels etc under their systems. Then the answer would be yes.

thesecould potentially be taxable.

if there was no need to make a declaration then an effective fiddle is glaringly obvious.

from your situation if it were the case that the client had provided these directly (the expenses had been claimed directly from the client) then the answer would have been yes
          Last edited by ASB; 7 April 2014, 08:02.

Comment

Working...
          X