• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Virtual Offices for Business Address, Calls and Mail fwd'ing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Offices for Business Address, Calls and Mail fwd'ing

Hi guys

Does anybody have any experiences or recommendations for virtual office services in the Central London area? I'm after the business address for postal mail and call handling, and on occasion the use of a meeting room.

I've checked out Regus, but reviews seems to slate them completely, they're also very expensive in comparison to others. There is a company called Capital Office, which seem to be extremely cheap (too good to be true?), they're based just off Old Street though (would prefer around the West End / Soho area).

Appreciate any experiences you guys have and any recommendations, too.

Thanks
    P

This might help...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vi...sm=93&ie=UTF-8
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm unable to recommend anyone, but I'm looking to use companiesmadesimple's offerings for my registered office and service address:

Registered Office - Registered Office Services, Statutory Mail Forwarding London

Service Address

They also do the mail and call forwarding stuff

Mail Forwarding Service, Mail Forwarding Address London, UK
      "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Potter View Post
        I'm unable to recommend anyone, but I'm looking to use companiesmadesimple's offerings for my registered office and service address:

Registered Office - Registered Office Services, Statutory Mail Forwarding London

Service Address

They also do the mail and call forwarding stuff

Mail Forwarding Service, Mail Forwarding Address London, UK
        That looks really good. Also I've had another look at regus: Virtual offices in London, Soho Noel Street (Mwb Business Exchange) - Regus UK £150 per month includes address, mail and call handling. Still on the pricey side but this location is pretty good.

Comment

Not overly relevant, but MyCo Ltd is moving to a Regus office at the end of this month and my experience of Regus so far has been overwhelmingly positive; they have been absolutely brilliant to us so far and I'm completely impressed and happy with their service so far. Admittedly, we're moving into a serviced office, so it's not the same as just taking a virtual office, but yeah I'd recommend them generally.

They've let us use their meeting room completely free of charge while we've been holding interviews, which they didn't have to do, but it was much appreciated; particularly as I've not yet paid a penny as I'm still waiting for their contract to come through.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Loew View Post
            , they're based just off Old Street though (would prefer around the West End / Soho area).
            There are a couple of places that will rent you an office by the hour. It's only 4 foot square and all black though. Comes with a cracking secretary though!!
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
              Not overly relevant, but MyCo Ltd is moving to a Regus office at the end of this month and my experience of Regus so far has been overwhelmingly positive; they have been absolutely brilliant to us so far and I'm completely impressed and happy with their service so far. Admittedly, we're moving into a serviced office, so it's not the same as just taking a virtual office, but yeah I'd recommend them generally.

They've let us use their meeting room completely free of charge while we've been holding interviews, which they didn't have to do, but it was much appreciated; particularly as I've not yet paid a penny as I'm still waiting for their contract to come through.
              Thanks, good to hear that. Considering the Virtual Office package comes with meeting room use it's not too bad a deal I think. It might be more than other VO services, but 150 isn't exactly breaking the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                There are a couple of places that will rent you an office by the hour. It's only 4 foot square and all black though. Comes with a cracking secretary though!!
                I imagine these places would be great for entertaining clients.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post

In terms of business professionalism, facilities and on-site staff (especially), Regus are second to none in the UK.

It's the tenancy invoice terms (and how persistent you need to be to cancel/change them) which tends to annoy tenants.

"they persuaded me, with a discount and - supposedly - a free month, to sign up for a year.
                  How foolish. Having been caught by sharp renewal practices before I should have known better.
                  Since December, when I moved to Spain, and decided the physical address was no longer necessary,
                  I have been trying to cancel. They take so long to reply and we have not the time to spend trying to
                  cancel contracts, that at every point we seem to miss the boat and they decline to cancel it."

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Here's one for starters. They even do a BnB ..

London Dungeon Rental--{designed & powered by Simulacra Studio}--

"A spacious Georgian dungeon suite is available for rent in London's West End. The unique apartment is an adult play space just minutes away from Oxford St and Soho.
                    <snip>
                    Conveniently located minutes away from Warren Street (Victoria and Northern lines) and Euston Square (Metropolitan, Circle, Hammersmith and City Lines) tube stations and the mainline stations of Euston and Kings Cross.
                    Free parking is available overnight from 1830 to 0800 hours. Clipstone car park is 5 minutes away for day time parking. Tubes and buses to anywhere in London just 2 minutes around the corner. Mainline traines to anywhere in the country just 5 minutes walk (Euston) or 10 minutes (Kings Cross).
                    The facilities are offered on an hourly, nightly or weekend basis. Bed and breakfast also available.
                    "

Comment

Working...
                    X